This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Competition Number: 13-014-FT
Employment Status: Fulltime, Year Round
Responsible for and oversees all electrical maintenance servicing. The Electrician will work with the maintenance department on the installation and maintenance of lighting, HVAC, fire, security, and energy management control systems, and will be expected to play a key role in maintenance electrical activities. The Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors and various control components and devices.
- Full time year-round position based in Blue River, BC.
- 3 – 5 years electrical experience.
- Experience organizing work assignments.
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training preferred.
- Appropriate credentials and certifications - Industrial Electrician Trade Certification or Industrial Electrician Red Seal Certificate.
- Must have requirements to hold the Electrical Operating Permit for MWHS, pursuant to the provisions of the Safety Standards Act and Regulations.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule coinciding with work volumes.
- Applied skills in personal effectiveness, image, integrity, managing people, working with precision and accuracy, and decision making.
- Profession al appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work independently and/or in team when required.
- Willingness to live in a semi-isolated environment.
- Must be responsible, prompt, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to frequently bend and kneel, lift moderate weight, and work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Valid drivers license required.
Compensation:$26-29 hourly depending on experience
Are you looking for a great job - and a great lifestyle? Do you love the outdoors? Would you like to work for the finest heliski resort in the world? If you share a passion for excellence then this opportunity at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing may be the right fit for you. At MWHS we work hard...and play harder.
Mike Wiegele Heli Skiing is located in Blue River, BC, Canada. Blue River is situated on Yellowhead Highway 5 halfway between Kamloops and Jasper. Blue River is paradise to those who love the outdoors. The amazing mountain peaks, and glacier-fed lakes and rivers of the area make for outstanding summer and winter adventure. The small town of Blue River is an excellent base from which to live and explore the pristine wilderness of the BC Interior.
Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is a Canadian Company dedicated to supplying the finest skiing experience in the world. Guests come from around the world to ski in an area known for it's powder skiing. Since 1970, Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing has been committed to the "soul" of skiing. We are also committed to integrating research and training into every aspect of our operation, from safe travel in the mountains to professional service within every department of the resort.
When you work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing you become part of a larger family of motivated people who thrive in a natural environment that promotes safe practice and good health. Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing offers several benefits in addition to competitive wages. We encourage our staff to become actively involved and enjoy the benefits of work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing while respecting guidelines and policy.
- Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops and Jasper
- Staff meal plan
- 25 % off retail items in our world class boutique
- Fitness center
- Staff accommodation plan