|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Experience the forces of wind
Join Vestas and work with cutting-edge wind technology
As one of the world leaders in wind power solutions with wind turbine installations in over 65 countries and more than 17,000 employees globally, Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employees' skills and talents. Our goal is to reduce CO2 emissions dramatically and ensure a sustainable world for future generations
Under direct supervision from higher level technical supervisory and/or management staff, the Technician I utilizes skills and training to perform maintenance and/or installation work on assigned wind turbines at a basic level. The Technician I will follow specific schedules and procedures including safety protocol, turbine service and/or installation processes, and other direct and detailed verbal and written instruction. The Technician I is regarded as the “entry-level” team member on the technician team and will have minimal customer interface.
Service - US & Canada
- Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stops work / escalates or implements defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight. Demonstrates risk-averse safety behavior at all times. Provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management regarding everything safety. Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
- Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Performs basic level wind turbine service and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into the company information system (e.g. SAP).
- Effectively gathers information regarding equipment (e.g. turbine) status. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in execution.
- Follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
- Interfaces with customer at a minimal level; may respond to some basic customer inquiries and will refer most customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- H igh school diploma or equivalent.
- Join Vestas and work with cutting-edge wind technology
- As one of the world leaders in wind power solutions with wind turbine installations in over 65 countries and more than 20,000 employees globally, Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employees' skills and talents. Our goal is to reduce CO2 emissions dramatically and ensure a sustainable world for future generations.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO and Test-Verify-Test.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Passport.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision.
- Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet based program navigation.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
Additional Required Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
- Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent.
- Regular walking.
- Ability to hear and use close range radios.
- Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Go to http://www.vestas.com/en/jobs.aspx and apply to Service Technician 1 for Blacksprings.