|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Integrated Life Care Inc., a firm based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, specializes in developing and operating care accommodation throughout Western Canada. Each Integrated Life Care facility provides its residents with an alternative to conventional adult and senior care. Individuals residing in Integrated Life Care facilities are able to continue to live a relatively independent lifestyle while also being able to access additional care services should they require them.About the Opportunity
Integrated Life Care Inc. is seeking a passionate Chef to join their team in Yorkton, SK. This is a great chance to use your skills in a top quality environment!
To learn more about the Gladstone Seniors Residence in Yorkton, please click here.
Within this pivotal position, you will ensure the production of high quality food as well as manage and lead the food services team.
Your key duties will include:
- Preparing, flavouring and presenting high quality food according to a pre-determined menu (created by dietitian);
- Participating in budget control through monitoring food and supply costs and minimizing waste;
- Ensuring that all policies relating to Health and Safety are adhered to;
- Hiring, scheduling, and providing orientations for all food service Team Members;
- Overseeing and ensuring that all aspects of the performance management and discipline processes are in line with company policies and legal requirements; and
- Acting as food services liaison with all other departments within the company.
The successful candidate will hold a Level "Cook 1" Certificate or higher (ideally Red Seal or Journeyman), coupled with a minimum of three years of experience in fine dining cuisine preparation and presentation, ideally in a retirement or residential setting.
Sound financial management and budget development skills are essential, as are strong computer skills.
Integrated Life Care Inc. is seeking candidates who demonstrate creativity in their approach to flavouring and presenting delicious, nutritious food!
Required certificates and training include:
- Certificate – Food Service Worker Program, as approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities OR Diploma – Cook/Chef course from an established college;
- Certificate – Food Safety Awareness Program, as approved by Public Health;
- WHMIS Certificate OR willingness to obtain;
- First Aid OR willingness to obtain; and
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
Most importantly you will be a passionate, driven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a sound knowledge of nutritional standards and requirements for Seniors.
If you are a creative, empathetic individual who thrives in a fast-paced working environment where your problem solving and critical thinking skills are utilized, this could be the role for you!About the Benefits
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with an attractive hourly salary of $14.50 per hour.
In addition, Integrated Life Care Inc. offers their employees a comprehensive Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, insurance) after 3 months.
You can also look forward to achieving an enviable work/life balance, which can be hard to find in the hospitality industry!
Professional development opportunities are also available for you in this role in order to expand your skill set.
Integrated Life Care Inc. has a commitment to quality care and service excellence and provides a positive caring environment for residents and staff. You will enjoy being part of a supportive team with a great group of staff who are always willing to help.
Assistance with finding accommodation in the town of McLennan will also be provided if necessary and if on-site housing is also available as a temporary measure.
If you're looking to advance your career in a facility that has an exemplary reputation for aged care, don't miss this role - Apply Now!
Please apply online at www.applyfirst.cajob49976