|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Embedded Systems Engineer
Fulltime Staff Position (Calgary)
About Our Client:
Our client has over 35 years experience delivering messaging solutions, telecommunications products and software management of networked devices. They have installed 250,000 systems in over 60 countries around the world. Their Engineering team is growing our networked managed messaging solutions portfolio and we are seeking an Embedded Software Engineerwith design expertise with networked devices to add to their teams’ expertise.
As an experienced Embedded Software Engineer (low level Embedded systems developer) youwill be tasked to become proficient with our client’s messaging solutions and systems by both developing and supporting software development on their network managed messaging devices. The expertise attained on the core product line will be used to create innovative new products and applications as our client moves existing messaging solution onto SIP based servers. As a key member of the product support and development team, you will participate in all aspects of the product development cycle from concept through to release. Our client is looking for individuals who can take on significant projects, have strong design, design process and diagnostic skills.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years experience
- Technical embedded development experience ideally including a mix of embedded Linux, telephony, VoIP, TCP/IP networking applications, remote device network management and object oriented design methodologies
- Experience with Linux and/or embedded RTOS is required
- Experience with C/C++ required
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to prepare documentation for all phases during a development cycle
- Unit testing methodology integrated into all software deliverables.
Would be an advantage
- Registration with APEGGA or eligible for registration is an advantage
- Knowledge of Telephony standards and SIP / VoIP
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Familiarity with basic hardware design principals, schematics, and datasheets
- Experience with analog telephony standards
- Deve lop Software for Linux based messaging terminals.
- Develop Software for Linux servers
- Create innovative new products and applications by porting existing messaging functionality into SIP based solutions
- Support and maintain mature messaging products through diagnostic and troubleshooting field issues.
- Diagnose operational issues, identify problems with customer implementations
- Provide design solutions by debugging code; designing code; and validation through designer testing.
- Supports product development by creating and composing functional and design documentation.
- Validates design concept by designing, fabricating, and debugging prototypes.
- Confirms functionality by debugging code; designing and testing simulations.
- Prepares engineering documents as defined by our client’s Professional Practice Management Plan
Successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit program, in addition to opportunities for career growth
· Ability to solve, test and document problems quickly, completely and accurately.
· Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop comprehensive implementation plans.
· A solid background in networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
· Solid understanding of the principles of routing, client/server programming.
· Possess excellent communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
· Possess a positive attitude.
· Ability to “think outside of the box”.
· Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
· Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
· Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
· Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects and software platforms to internal and external stakeholders
If relocation is required it is the responsibility of the potential candidate.
APPLY: Send your resume in MS Word Doc format to email@example.com state in Subject line: #IN – Sys Eng
100K Executive Search & Recruitment would like to thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.