|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Embedded Linux Software Engineer - Calgary
About Our Client:
Our client has over 35 years experience delivering messaging solutions, telecommunications products and software management of networked devices. They have installed 250,000 systems in over 60 countries around the world. Their Engineering team is growing our networked managed messaging solutions portfolio and we are seeking an Embedded Linux Software Engineerwith Linux development expertise to add to their teams’ expertise.
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer with Linux development experience to play a key role in the maintenance and development of all embedded our clients Linux products.
- Support legacy embedded Linux products
- Provide leadership in processor and Linux BSP selection for next generation products
- Work with Hardware Design to ensure that the hardware/driver integration is robust and stable
- Implement and support test frameworks for ensuring evaluating overall BSP robustness
- Proficient with creating and modifying scripts used for startup and configuration of the embedded Linux OS
- Develop, test and support user space applications based on third party modules as well as internally generated code
- Develop and support build systems and tools
- Ensure software quality is a primary consideration by using a best practices approach to the development process
- Create and review design documents, ensuring that engineering documentation meets or exceeds company standards
- Lead and participate in code reviews, ensuring adherence to a consistent coding standard
- Contribute to project planning and estimation, accurately estimate time effort of tasks
- Perform root cause analysis and provide corrective actions
- Skilled at reading schematics and data sheets in order to develop drivers and applications
- Proficient developing, testing, and supporting multi-threaded software applications (user-space) written in C/C++, Python and/or Java
- Experience with BSP bring-up support for ARM (and/or PPC) architectures, including U-boot and kernel development and debug
- Working knowledge of GNU tool chains, able to set up and work with cross-compiler enabled build systems for Linux applications and kernel code
- Demonstrated capability to develop, test, and debug Linux kernel ARM drivers, e.g. RS232, USB (Host and OTG), Audio, Video, Ethernet, and Wifi
- Good knowledge of embedded Linux specific development tools including static code analysis, application and driver profiling, and GDB/JTAG debuggers
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with developing products that are Network-enabled devices which use protocols such as HTTP/ HTTPS, Telnet, FTP, SSH, TLS
- Experience with developing, testing, and supporting Configuration GUI software applications for Windows XP/7/8
- Experience with implementing robust firmware upgrade capabilities on embedded Linux devices
- Experience developing drivers and applications in an RTOS environment such as Integrity, VxWorks, QNX, MQX, etc.
- Experience developing drivers and applications for the PowerPC architecture
Competitive base salary in the $80k range and comprehensive benefit program, in addition to opportunities for career growth
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related area of study
APPLY: Send your resume in MS Word Doc format to email@example.com and state in Subject line: #IN – Emb Linux Soft Eng
100K Executive Search & Recruitment would like to thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.