|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Risk Specialist (Oil & Gas/Energy) - Calgary, AB
Our clientis a leading independent risk-management company with four decades of experience in providing consulting services and software to the international energy market. On behalf of our client we are seeking a Senior / Principal Risk Specialist focused on the oil and gas industry to join their Consulting team in Calgary.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
· Manage and perform detailed risk studies and robust technically sound analysis based on
reasoned arguments and defensible data / information. Typical analyses and studies include:
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA)
- HAZOP/HAZID studies
- Emergency Preparedness Studies (EPA)
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Process risk assessments
- Reliability analysis such as FMECA, SIL, RAM, etc.
- Project risk analysis
· Manage hazard and risk assessments for oil and gas exploration, production, midstream, oil sands, refining, distribution, and retail facilities through formal safety assessments and safety case development.
· Manage the preparation and facilitate safety workshops (i.e., HAZIDS, HAZOPS, ALARP, LOPA, SIL), including timely client reporting.
· Prepare high-quality reports with clear diagrams and fully explained analysis and calculations.
· Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing and new clients.
· Support and assist junior consultants (within relevant technical area).
· Present results from own work / projects internally and externally.
· Maintain close relations with stakeholders (clients, research institutes, business partners) within the competence areas nationally and internationally.
· Be a project manager / reviewer for medium / large sized projects.
· Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in related engineering discipline from accredited institution in America or from top university abroad.
· 3-6 years of experience with a masters degree, or 5-8 years of experience with a bachelor degree, in safety and risk engineering, preferably in oil and gas for the senior consultant role. The principal consultant role is contingent upon experience.
· Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, PFDs, and UFDs.
· Familiarity with QRA and HAZOP software such as Leak, PHAST and PHAPro.
· In-depth understanding of the oil sands and wider oil and gas industry.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills; experience in writing comprehensive technical reports.
· Willingness to travel locally and internationally for project requirements.
· Willingness to work at client's premises for periods of time.
Remuneration:For the right candidate a package in the $150-$200k+ range DOE - Benefits etc.
Please submit your resume in confidence in MS word doc format to email@example.com
and state in subject line: #LY - RISK Consultant - Calgary