With a customer service focus, this position is responsible for recruiting for the Exshaw Cement Plant with a focus on the Exshaw expansion project. These positions have opened up due to impending retirements and a planned upgrading and expansion of the Lafarge Cement Facility. This position could be either a temporary six-month placement or a contract position, with the possibility of extension.
This is an exciting time to be part of a history-making project
The Lafarge Exshaw Cement Plant is undergoing a significant expansion to its operations. Expansion work started a few years ago and will run through spring 2015. Construction will include a new kiln and plant upgrades. The plant expansion signifies Lafarge's commitment to the Bow Valley and will bring significant economic and social benefits to the community.
This position leads the recruitment and selection process for salaried and hourly/union positions for the plant expansion.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate recruiting strategic planning with input from hiring managers and direction from HR Manager
- Initiate and manage requisition process and seek input from appropriate managers on sourcing strategies
- Prepare and initiate all internal and external advertising
- Select and pre-screen applicants for hiring managers
- Provide guidance and resources to hiring managers for recruitment process as required
- Interview with hiring managers as required
- Manage reference checks for all candidates at the final stage of the selection process
- Produce all offer letters and complete all on-boarding and new hire processes
- Track and report results for pre-established KPI’s on a weekly basis
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure targets are being met
- Safety-conscious and supportive of Lafarge safety culture
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years recruiting experience.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business
- Knowledgeable HR professional with strong focus on achieving results
- Ability to influence and motivate others to maintain timelines and targeted outcomes
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Industrial, trades or construction recruiting experience required
- Ability to leverage network for sourcing passive candidates
- Proven ability to develop and implement successful recruitment plans
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Key Lominger Competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Managerial Courage
- Sizing-up People
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
This position requires a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for regular travel to and from Exshaw. Candidates must be comfortable working in a plant environment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency referrals please.
For more information on our Exshaw plant please go to http://www.lafarge-na.com/wps/portal/na/en/Exshaw
*** TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW