About Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame
Canada's Sports Hall of Fame is an international award-winning 40,000 square foot facility located at Canada Olympic Park. With over 50 hands-on interactive exhibits and 12 galleries, there is something fun, educational and inspiring for everyone.
Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame’s Honoured Members are role models for Canadians of all ages and their stories unite our country and remind us of the core values that define our people.
Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame will share the stories of the achievements of our Honoured Members so that we can inspire all Canadians to be the best they can be in all aspects of life
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work collaboratively to create, lead and manage an integrated marketing & communication strategy.
· Provide writing and editing support for all outbound communications, including all promotional materials, visitor guides, website content, flat sheets and annual Report to Community.
· Review and edit existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness and adherence to brand guidelines.
· Work with a team to ensure fulfillment of community promotions and events.
· Establish relationships and work with external sport, sponsors and tourism partners.
· Ensure campaigns are rolled out effectively in both English and/or French utilizing appropriate translation services.
· Proactively engage with local, regional and national media partners to maximize reach and marketing opportunities.
· Manage social media properties including creating content calendars and working with curatorial team to create engaging posts that increase awareness, drive engagement, encourage visits and share the inspiring stories of our Honoured Members.
· Manage and update website content to promote events, exhibits, programs and more.
· Previous experience in building strategic marketing plans, incorporating market research and consumer insights into marketing plans.
· Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Experience managing digital projects, including web content and social media.
· Ability to work with InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
· Ability to work with website content management systems
· Experience with Constant Contact or comparable email system
· Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
· Resourcefulness in solving problems.
· The ability to produce a great deal of material at a rapid pace.
· Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
· Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
· Strong computer skills.
· Superior professionalism and judgment.
· Strong work ethic.
· Three ormore years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
· A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field is required.
· Flexible to work some weekends and/or evenings as required for special events
· Familiarity with Google Analytics
· Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
· Interest in sport, sport related organizations, and/or museums
The compensation package will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Position will remain open until successful candidate is recruited. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame
No phone calls, please