This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Competition Number: 14-002-FT
Employment Status: Fulltime
This position is responsible for reservations and sales functions. The Reservations Supervisor is directly responsible for bookings and will work closely with management, front desk, customer service and guiding services departments. The Reservations Supervisor oversees reservations coordinators providing direction to ensure that customer communications are managed professionally and that customer requests and expectations are recognized and exceeded whenever possible. Maintenance of reservations computer modules and timely reporting of bookings and collections at regular intervals are required. The successful candidate will be expected to provide world-class customer service and sales excellence to clients with very high expectations. This position involves coordination of reservations (winter and summer), accounting of payments and guest accounts, and coordination of client requests with other resort departments. There will be extensive guest correspondence and interaction, from first contact to departure and follow up after the trip. Also responsible for various clerical tasks associated with the reservations such as filing, credit card authorization, and guest accounting functions including taking advance payments and providing receipts, posting and transferring charges, and conducting necessary paperwork related to corrections, adjustments, posting of charges.
· 3-5 years Experience in the hospitality industry specifically with customer service and sales orientation.
· 2+ years of direct work experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Experience in all aspects of customer service management
· Experience with supervision and organizing work assignments.
· Customer facing experience and professional telephone and email communications.
· Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions.
· Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, financial analysis, account development, and business planning.
· Professional email and telephone communications and the ability to effectively close sales and provide customer service via both incoming and outgoing calls.
· Applied skills in personal effectiveness, image, integrity, managing people, working with precision and accuracy, customer relations and decision making.
· Willing to work a flexible schedule coinciding with work volumes.
· Attributes include sales orientation, leadership, strong interpersonal skills, and precise, self-motivated, persuasive and positive personal image.
· Knowledge of a second language (preferably German): spoken & written.
· Knowledge of skiing and ski industry.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Well organized and excellent attention to detail.
· Dynamic and energetic personality.
· Team focused sales approach.
· Problem solving skills.
· High level of proficiency with resort booking software, customer relationship management software, and Microsoft Excel.
· Polished presentation and high level of grooming.
· Second language an asset (German, French, Spanish preferred).
· Full time year-round position based in Blue River, BC.
Compensation: $16-$18 hourly
Are you looking for a great job - and a great lifestyle? Do you love the outdoors? Would you like to work for the finest heliski resort in the world? If you share a passion for excellence then this opportunity at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing may be the right fit for you. At MWHS we work hard...and play harder.
Mike Wiegele Heli Skiing is located in Blue River, BC, Canada. Blue River is situated on Yellowhead Highway 5 halfway between Kamloops and Jasper. Blue River is paradise to those who love the outdoors. The amazing mountain peaks, and glacier-fed lakes and rivers of the area make for outstanding summer and winter adventure. The small town of Blue River is an excellent base from which to live and explore the pristine wilderness of the BC Interior.
Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is a Canadian Company dedicated to supplying the finest skiing experience in the world. Guests come from around the world to ski in an area known for it's powder skiing. Since 1970, Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing has been committed to the "soul" of skiing. We are also committed to integrating research and training into every aspect of our operation, from safe travel in the mountains to professional service within every department of the resort.
Wh en you work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing you become part of a larger family of motivated people who thrive in a natural environment that promotes safe practice and good health. Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing offers several benefits in addition to competitive wages. We encourage our staff to become actively involved and enjoy the benefits of work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing while respecting guidelines and policy.
- Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops and Jasper
- Staff meal plan
- 25 % off retail items in our world class boutique
- Fitness center
- Staff accommodation plan