|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Buy-Low is coming to Langdon, Alberta!
At Buy-Low our focus is providing local communities with low food prices on top quality produce, meat, national brand products along with our award winning private label “Western Classics and Western Family”. Our most important job is serving you the customer!
We are now hiring for our newest location in Langdon, Alberta! Make a career choice in the grocery business with us!
As the Store Manager for Buy-Low Foods, you will provide direction and leadership to all departments; adhere to the company’s strategic direction, financial results and overall execution, while ensuring the policies, procedures and standards of the company are achieved.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that employees provide customers with superior customer service through the use of training documents and direct communication with all staff.
- Overall management responsibility for operation of retail grocery store, including store performance, control of cash and assets, inventory and security, customer service, and management of staff.
- Track, analyze and take action to improve store performance by forecasting of weekly/daily sales goals, ensuring process are in place to achieve gross profit targets in all departments in order to meet or exceed the budgeted targets. Communicate sales goals, department performance, and sales opportunities with staff.
- Forecast, schedule, and monitor labour to be consistent with store sales and productivity guidelines and wage budgets, create action plans to address cost control issues. Prioritize, plan, and coordinate work activities, and manage time and resources so that work objectives are met.
- Monitor the display accuracy and appearance to implement promotions. Ensure that products are properly displayed and ordered in a manner to maintain in-stock conditions. Ensure that all advertised products are in stock and available for consumers to purchase.
- Manage issues relating to store maintenance, cleanliness, health and safety and sanitation and ensuring that all components are compliant with the legal requirements and company policies.
- Select, train, develop, and manage job performance of store employees, with assistance of other management personnel.
- Complete daily store tours in all departments and, delegate action plans from the department tour and follow up to ensure timely completion of the action plans.
- Provide constructive suggestions and encouragement, set performance expectations, provide honest feedback, and identify assignments to provide others with developmental opportunities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with, all employees, peers, supervisors, suppliers, and customers, regardless of the complexity and difficultly of the situation.
- Motivate others to perform the job and work towards common objectives. Serve as a role model to others instilling a positive attitude in his/her employees.
- Establish and Maintain positive relationships with members and organizations within the community.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years retail / management experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to multi task with sound decision making abilities
- Ability to promote a spirit of motivation that leads to the development and implementation of profitable solutions
- Ability to provide and demonstrate direction and conflict resolution to the retail environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills with all levels of management
- Minimum grade 12, post-secondary education preferred
- Ability to lift products weighing 15-30 lbs
- Ability to work variety of shifts, including evenings and weekend work
Individuals who apply for management opportunities at the Langdon, Alberta location may be eligible for relocation options depending on previous experience.
If you are enthusiastic and passionate individual who leads by example, and if this positions sounds like you, submit your application online today!
We thank all applicants for their resumes however only qualified candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.