Cooks Denny's Lethbridge 6550 (NOC: 6242)
With over 50 restaurants across Canada, you need not look any further than your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: smiling employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere and opportunities to grow. Great guest service and great value are our foundation, but those aren't the only components that have helped our success. It's also because of our people: committed, caring and energetic individuals who make Denny's the great place it is to work. Strong leadership is another cornerstone at Denny's, and our hands-on team of experienced and dynamic managers have the ability to touch every aspect of our business from recruiting to marketing. Come join a company where you will have an opportunity to have fun, make money and be heard. The Denny’s Restaurant located at 421 Mayor Magrath Drive, Lethbridge, AB, is recruiting for the position of Cooks, and will provide a variety of shifts to meet the needs of successful candidates. We accommodate students, families who need specialized hours to
accommodate child care and those who are working more than one job.
•The job requires stocking foods in kitchen storage areas and cleaning.
• Stocking fridges and freezers.
• Maintaining product storage in a safe and efficient manner for use (by shelf dates).
• Maintaining food safety and following food safe procedures.
• Adhering to recipes, portion sizes and plate presentation to meet the Brand Standards.
• Presenting food to servers in a timely manner while maintaining a very high quality product to the customer.
• The kitchen environment is the responsibility of the Cook and the Cook’s Team to maintain high sanitation and safety standards.
• You must have a minimum of 2 years cooking experience.
• You must be able to follow menu preparation – plate presentation and portion size.
• Cook complete meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner from menu selections.
• Occasionally prepare special meals for customers with food allergies or food restrictions.
• Supervise kitchen helpers.
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
• Clean kitchen.
• Estimate food requirements and costs.
• Monitor and order supplies.
• You must be highly organized and able to multitask.
• You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods
• You must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
• One on one training will be provided to all successful applicants. We provide an intensive, comprehensive and excellent Cook’s Training Program for all newly hired cooks at Denny’s, even those with extensive experience.
Wages are $13.00 – $15.00 per Hour for a 35 hour week. (Dependent upon qualifications and experience)
• Full Time Employment Only: Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
• Denny’s will provide you with your uniforms, and you will receive a meal allowance.
• All employees are eligible for discounted stays at Sandman for self, friends and family (based on availability)
• Vacation pay is paid in accordance with Provincial Labour Standards.
If this sounds like the job for you and an opportunity to build a great future in Hospitality, please send us your resume.
How To Apply:
421 Mayor Magrath Drive,
Lethbridge, AB T1J 3L3