This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – Join us in creating a better Calgary
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization where of thousands children, youth and adults access our programs and facilities. We are much more than a gym, pool, and recreational facility - we strive to adapt to community needs, and ensure that our programs and facilities can be accessed by all who need them. YMCA Calgary staff firmly believe that they are creating a positive impact in the community through their work at the Y. In our work we deliver health and wellness programs, community outreach, aboriginal programs, newcomer programs, day and overnight camping, outdoor schools, leadership development, childcare, and much more.
We serve diverse community needs through the Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA, Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot, Shawnessy YMCA, South Health Campus YMCA, Community YMCA, Saddletowne YMCA, Remington YMCA, Quarry Park Child Development Centre and Camp Chief Hector YMCA… and we are only just getting started. In partnership with the City of Calgary, we will expand our impact operating new facilities in Rocky Ridge and Seton. These amazing new spaces will help us reach more people through our passionate volunteers, members, and staff.
How will you make an impact? Who will you become at YMCA Calgary?
We are currently seeking to fill the following position;
Kitchen Staff – Baker – Spring & Summer
Camp Chief Hector YMCA
Salary: $12.20/hour – $14.00/hour – commensurate with experience
(includes room and board)
Start Date: To be determined
End Date: To be determined
Camp Chief Hector YMCA is a unique branch of YMCA Calgary located on a 1, 000 acre site in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Camp programs emphasize community and values-based education, outdoor challenge, fun, individual growth, environmental stewardship, leadership development and service excellence. We provide Summer Camps, Outdoor Schools, weekend programs for adults and families, and meeting/event facilities.
Why should you join our team?
At YMCA Calgary we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcomed from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here at the Y. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
YMCA Calgary also offers multiple other perks and benefits;
- Onsite accommodation and meals provided
- Development opportunities and leading edge training specific to our Rocky Mountain setting
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities
- Longevity Awards celebrating years of service at Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary Membership Plus including a linked membership for an adult of your choice, and dependent children.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Previous experience in the food service industry preferred
- Strong communication skills
- A positive attitude and positive teamwork experience
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Three professional references
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
The Kitchen Baker will:
- Help prepare meals in accordance with established menus and procedures at Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Plan and prepare baked goods for the week
- Ensure timely preparation of meals, and adequate storage of all food and supplies
- Ensure food waste is kept to a minimum
- Ensure a high level of quality, cleanliness, and safety in all food preparation
- Ensure all special dietary needs and restrictions are met
- Support a positive kitchen culture and respectful workplace
- Support Camp Chief Hector YMCA risk management rules and guidelines
- Model and support the values of Camp Chief Hector YMCA and YMCA Calgary
- Work as an active and positive member of the Camp Chief Hector YMCA staff team
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff?
Our staff model and are committed to the following competencies;
Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Interested? It’s easy to apply!
Please send your resume and cover letter quoting posting code CCHY-KS-BAKER to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.This posting will close when a suitable candidate is found.