This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – Join us in creating a better Calgary
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization where of thousands children, youth and adults access our programs and facilities. We are much more than a gym, pool, and recreational facility - we strive to adapt to community needs, and ensure that our programs and facilities can be accessed by all who need them. YMCA Calgary staff firmly believe that they are creating a positive impact in the community through their work at the Y. In our work we deliver health and wellness programs, community outreach, aboriginal programs, newcomer programs, day and overnight camping, outdoor schools, leadership development, childcare, and much more.
We serve diverse community needs through the Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA, Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot, Shawnessy YMCA, South Health Campus YMCA, Community YMCA, Saddletowne YMCA, Remington YMCA, Quarry Park Child Development Centre and Camp Chief Hector YMCA… and we are only just getting started. In partnership with the City of Calgary, we will expand our impact operating new facilities in Rocky Ridge and Seton. These amazing new spaces will help us reach more people through our passionate volunteers, members, and staff.
How will you make an impact? Who will you become at YMCA Calgary?
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Summer Camp: HealthTeam – Summer 2017
Location: Camp Chief Hector YMCA
Posting Code: CCHY-HEALTH-TEAM
Start Date: June 21, 2017
End Date: August 25, 2017
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Experience working in a professional health care setting
- Experience working with children and youth
- A positive attitude and positive teamwork experience
- The ability to provide comfort and guidance to campers
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C or Wilderness First Aid 24 hour certification
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Three professional references
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Resource Team Members help to create a positive community and participate in various activities around camp. They demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the ever-changing needs of the camp community.
Health Centre Team Members will:
- Provide fun, positive, interactive leadership to students and staff members
- Demonstrate support for Camp Chief Hector YMCA’s rules, guidelines and values
- Facilitate outdoor education programming for children and youth
- Manage personal energy to model a strong work ethic each week
- Salary: $300-350/ week (room and board included)
Why should you join our team?
At YMCA Calgary we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcomed from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here at the Y. If you are looking to care deeply about your work, make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
YMCA Calgary also offers multiple other perks and benefits;
- Onsite accommodation and meals provided
- Development opportunities and leading edge training specific to our Rocky Mountain setting
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities
- Longevity Awards celebrating years of service at Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary Membership Plus including a linked membership for an adult of your choice, and dependent children.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff?
Our staff model and are committed to the following competencies:
Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Interested? It’s easy to apply!
Please send a resume and cover letter quoting posting code CCHY-HEALTH-TEAM to:
YMCA Calgary Association Services
101 3 St. S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
Fax: (403) 269-4661
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.