This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Our client is currently seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual to join their growing team as a Junior Contract Civil Field Support Engineer-In-Training for a variety of projects based in Alberta. Reporting to the On-site Representative, you’ll be able to apply your experience in soils engineering and soil description, QA/QC monitoring techniques, site investigations, and soils testing for a variety of clients. This three-month field based project position, including possible mobile soils lab testing, with varying work locations and schedules which requires close attention to safety.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a highly motivated individual with creative thinking to become part of a new high-performing hands on team that is expanding!
- Check in and out with site representative
- Attend onsite orientation which is provided
- Take soil samples and work with the lab to ensure compliance. Material compliance will be reviewed by management to ensure it meets criteria
- Take ownership over project execution including safety and quality performance including the prudent monitoring and evaluation of project milestones and costs
- Develop a rapport with new and existing clients by effectively communicating the superior service and results that the team provides
- Plan, design, and civil engineering projects such as roads and PAD sites
- Performs engineering tasks under close supervision; encouraged to solve engineering problems using experience, judgment and education but expected to ask for assistance when needed
- Complete modeling and calculations for projects
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project
- Calculate cost and determine feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for projects
- Research and review code and permitting requirements for project sites as directed
- Ability to trouble shoot design and software issues
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Zero to three years of field experience in a technical based role
- Working knowledge and experience with computer GPS data collection
- Registered with APEGA as an EIT
- A valid class 5 License
- Have WHIMIS, TDG, First Aid training and tickets
- Ability to listen and respond appropriately to the needs of clients and employees
- Strong ability to update documentation and maintain information
- Dedication and attention to safety standards and client site rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
- Ability to travel for work
Accommodations are provided either in hotels or camps. Meals are also covered.