The Route Accounting Clerk is responsible for processing customer invoices, including invoice adjustments, as well as for settling shipments, and reviewing and investigating shipment variances.
Working hours are from Tuesday to Saturday.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ensure timely and complete collection of incoming route paperwork such as invoices, coordinate flow of paperwork with internal and external customers as required. Perform daily review of unsettled shipments and follow-up on any outstanding invoice documents from assigned routes.
- Validate proof of delivery documents (i.e. Handheld Invoices and Host Invoices) have the customer signature, store stamp (where mandated by customer) and driver signature.
- Process customer invoices through daily batch route settlement of shipments in SAP, including keying of invoice adjustments.
- Responsible to review, analyse and investigate the validity of each transaction that was created by a driver/distributor to ensure nothing was missed or created in error. For company routes, verify ending inventory and input required corrections in SAP.
- Communicate with the driver/Distributor network as well as the Parmalat or Third party Warehouse personnel when the settlement results are questionable.
- Communicate with the inventory analysts from the various plants to ensure the inventory is affected accordingly. (Based on route settlement results)
- Prepare route documentation for filing and scanning.
- Assist Route Accounting department by identifying opportunities for improvements .
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include:
- Post-Secondary education preferably in accounting or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in data entry and/or transactional processing
- Experience with SAP R3 environment an asset
- Excellent data entry skills with emphasis on accuracy and proficiency in using the number pad
- High attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who is able to work in a team as well as independently
- Proficient with standard office computer technology including Microsoft Office products, and working knowledge of related accounting operating system an asset