Community Wellness Manager
The Bigstone Health Commission in Wabasca, AB is seeking an experienced Wellness Manager to join our talented Health Team. This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nation culture, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
The rewarding position requires a qualified individual with excellent management and supervisory skills to oversee the operations of the wellness centre. The suitable candidate will be expected to effectively develop and deliver Mental Health and Addictions Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a community based Mental Health and Addictions Programs.
- Oversee daily operations of all Mental Health and Addictions programs
- Deliver culturally appropriate programs and Services.
- Provide supervision and direction to all staff
- Establish prevention, intervention and after care programs.
- Address critical gaps in mental health and addictions services and programs
- Work in collaboration with various departments and organizations
- Evaluate programs and Services annually
- Oversee daily financial operations of Mental Health and Addictions programs
- Create opportunities to initiate positive working relationships and to achieve new program goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience in a Managerial and in Supervisory role
- Knowledge of Mental Health policies and procedures, relevant legislation i.e. Health professions Act and PHIPA
- Good Organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and ability to work in team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to understand and speak Cree fluently is an asset
- Bachelor / Masters in Public Health Administration
- A relatable degree with several years of experience may be considered
- Previous experience in Management and Supervision
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Send Resume, Criminal Record Check along with 3 work related references to:
Bigstone Health Commission
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
C losing Date for this Employment Opportunity will be October 13, 2017.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vision: To revive, strengthen and protect members’ treaty rights to health and to enhance the quality of life of members and others living on Bigstone Traditional lands.