This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com), Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider, is a young and exiting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 450 optometrists and 252 locations in only eight years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
If this sounds like a company that you would like to work for, now is your opportunity. We are currently recruiting for a permanent full time AR & Treasury Analyst at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB.
As the AR & Treasury Analyst, you will report to the Accounting Manager and are responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions such as mentoring clinics on their Accounts Receivable and Treasury functions. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, excellent inter-personal skills, and an ability to motivate and mentor team members to help build a strong cohesive accounting unit.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly outstanding AR and cash reconciliation reports for clinics.
- Follow up with clinics on outstanding issues, providing guidance and assistance.
- Book monthly revenue and cash journal entries into the financial system.
- Investigate any variances between the point of sale and financial system.
- Train and assist new clinics joining the FYi family until they are comfortable with systems and processes.
- Process patient refunds.
- Assist clinics with questions related to location financial statements.
- Perform a variety of month-end procedures including preparing or approving of manual journal entries and preparing working papers.
- Analyze and reconcile variances between the general ledger, sub-ledgers and systems.
- Assist the Accounting team in creating and improving internal reporting information
- Constantly evaluate, identify and implement process efficiencies by challenging current procedures and activities.
- Provide leadership to various clinics including on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
- Lead process improvement and be results driven.
- Ensure internal control environment is operating effectively.
- Assistance during audits as required.
- Add to a fun and energetic environment.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and/or adhoc projects, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, specifically MS Excel.
- Experience using ACCPAC is considered an asset.
- Candidates possessing an inquisitive nature and a drive to make improvements will be very comfortable in this role
- Strong problem solving and reconciliation skills.
- The candidate is a professional, analytical, independent thinker and likes to have fun!
- The candidate is a hands-on performer who can both create accounting and financial information and evaluate that information critically.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies: able to positively influence others, coach, mentor and effectively direct work when required.
- A team player by nature but be able to lead as needed.
- Possess strong communication skills to provide guidance and/or instruction to peers in the organization, adapts their information/style to the audience, and explains difficult issues clearly to the appropriate audience.
- S/he must have integrity beyond reproach.
- Compl etion of a degree is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting or optical experience is required.
- Experience in a retail accounting setting would be advantageous.
- Experience in a manufacturing, health care, retail or service industry is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is an asset.
Our rapid and continued growth ensures that our employees are constantly challenged and rewarded. We value employees by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training and development opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued asset to our team, you can expect a comprehensive rewards package, including a competitive base salary and benefits.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote “AR & Treasury Analyst - Calgary” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.