Are you a licensed practical nurse who has a Perioperative Certificate, likes new challenges, and values work life balance? If so, then Kelowna General Hospital is the place for you! We currently have opportunities for permanent part time operating room LPN's within our team.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Licensed Practical Nurse, Operating Room, provides practical nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied surgical interventions. The OR LPN consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team in facilitating safe and effective surgical interventions through the performance of scrubbing and circulating duties in accordance with established standards and protocols. This includes pre-operative, operative, and post-operative activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
This position may be scheduled for day or night shifts; shifts times are 07:30 to 15:30, 09:30 to 17:30, 22:45 to 07:30. There will be on-call as required.
IMPORTANT: To be considered in this position you must have completed a perioperative training course. Only registered LPNs with a Perioperative Certificate will be considered for operating room LPN vacancies at Interior Health.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Gra duation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies
- Graduation from an accredited O.R. program for Licensed Practical Nurses
- One (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in acute care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Current full practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC
- Current CPR certification required