We are currently seeking a casual Community Mental Health (Facility) Life Skills Worker to join our team at Willowview in Vernon.
The Community Mental Health (Facility) Life Skills Worker contributes to a supportive and empowering environment that will enhance the resident’s recovery. Within a specialized residential care environment, this position facilitates the clients’ movement toward independent living, through the maintenance/cleanliness of the facility and engaging in daily activities with the clients that are established through the Clients’ care plan.
Willowview provides many services including adult community support, adult short-term assessment and treatment, community residential programs, geriatric programs, crisis intervention, day and outpatient programs, addictions counselling, concurrent disorders services, group therapy, peer support, and after-hours mental health support.
Shifts of work are of a casual nature and may be scheduled days, evenings and nights; 07:30 to 15:30, 15:00 to 22:00, 23:30 to 07:30, 11:00 to 19:00.
If you are an experienced mental health professional and passionate about helping those in our community, this is the job for you. Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Apply today to join our team!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12.
- One year Human Service Worker Certificate or Mental Health Worker’s certificate
- Minimum of 2 years recent related experience in a mental health setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- First Aid Level 1 required.
- Current valid BC driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with local community support and treatment services.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Mental Illnesses & Treatments.
- Ability to work under conditions of uncertainty
- Ability to perform duties of the job
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a care team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information gathered.