Elders Lodge Manager
One (1) Full Time Permanent Position
The Bigstone Health Commission in Wabasca, AB is seeking an Elders Lodge Manager (Licensed Practical Nurse) to join our Elders Lodge team. This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nation culture, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
You will possess excellent interpersonal communication, and organizational skills, proficiency with computers, effective teaching skills, a valid driver’s license, and be medically fit. This position offers competitive salary and incentives. Fully furnished accommodations are available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the Supervision of the Health Director provide nursing services for residents
- Medication administration and management
- Accompanies and advocates for residents on medical appointments
- Accompanies and participate in outings and other recreational activities
- Participates in a multidisciplinary team
- Other duties as required
- You are actively registered as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- You are able to provide high-quality care for residents with multiple -complex needs in a high-stress environment
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively in both written and verbal English.
- You have a positive approach to teamwork and have a genuine interest in working with the aged and chronically ill
- Recent management experience with long term care and dementia is preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Knowledge of Cree Culture and language is an asset
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Send Resume, Criminal Record Check along with 3 work related references to:
Bigstone Health Commission
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
Email to: email@example.com
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Serious inquires only. Position requires relocation to Wabasca, AB.