Here’s To Your Journey with
is one of Marriott International’s 30 renowned hotel brands. As the world’s leading Hospitality Company, we offer unmatched opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration.
The Canada regional office located at 2425 Mathewson Blvd. E, Suite 100, Mississauga, ON L4W5K4 is currently hiring a Payroll Manager.
Responsibilities include: Enters payroll data into the computer, auditing payroll data and maintaining files and records to produce accurate payroll period reports in accordance with hotel standards.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Payroll Tasks and Policies
• Maintains knowledge of and complies with all payroll policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of computer system and manual procedures used for payroll functions.
• Maintains knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment used for payroll functions.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding payroll records.
• Sets up and organizes workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials. Reports shortages to manager.
• Responds to employee inquiries regarding paychecks according to department procedures.
• Enters new employee records in payroll system from information received from Human Resources, creates a file and includes all designated forms and data.
• Reviews all Payroll Action Forms (P.A.F.'s) for complete information and ensure accuracy of figures; resolves discrepancies with Human Resources. Inputs information using appropriate codes with total hours to be paid.
• Deletes terminated employees from payroll system after printing employee's final check with specified deductions.
• Enters authorized status changes (e.g., rate, job, exemptions, etc.) and terminations as received from Human Resources.
• Maintains vacation accrual and sick pay records and authorize requests when applicable and approved by Human Resources.
• Inputs payroll from weekly summaries and pay request for, balancing to each department’s total.
• Inputs or updates employee deductions (e.g., garnishments, advances, insurance, 401(k), etc.).
• Calculates tip allocations for all tipped employees.
• Processes rate changes and transfers following hotel standards and files within one week of receipt.
• Backs up transaction files and transmits by the time and date according to Finance procedures.
• Reviews payroll register form for accuracy.
• Copies/prints reports as directed and distribute to Human Resources, Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance.
• Processes authorized manual checks as needed, following manual check procedures.
• Maintains accurate record of all issued checks and ensures security of all unused checks.
• Processes paycheck adjustments after reconciling discrepancy and posts adjustment in payroll system using designated code.
• Generates new check according to Finance procedures.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Promotes positive guest relations.
• Responds to guest inquiries accurately.
• Handles guest problems and complaint using the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Identifies and works to eliminate problems or conditions that cause internal and external costumer satisfaction to suffer or result in operational inefficiency in terms of decreased productivity, rework or waste.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Follows progressive discipline procedures as appropriate.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Provides coaching and feedback to associates on performance.
To apply now, go to:
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
h ttp://www.linkedin.com/company/marriott- international
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, ON or local laws.