More Than Ice Cream is a family restaurant in Strathmore, Alberta specialized in a variety of Chinese home-style dishes, Western hamburger, sandwiches, hot dog, onion rings, fries and of course ice cream. To cope with our growth and operation needs, we are inviting passionate individual to join us as Line Cook.
- Assists the Head Cook in daily operation duties
- Prepares a wide variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning or marinating
- Handles, stores and rotates all products and supplies with cost effective level
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area including floor, sinks, tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, cookers, burners, oven, stoves, range hood, freezers and coolers
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Head Cook or Restaurant Manager
- Completed high school education
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in food preparation and kitchen operation
- Proven Knowledge in Chinese cuisine is a must. Knowledge in Western fast food will be an advantage.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis
- Basic knowledge in English and able to understand specific instructions from the Head Cook
- Flexible to work in shifts, weekends and holidays
Terms of Employment
- Full time, permanent
- 44 working hours / week
- Base wage $18.00 - $20.00 / hour depends on experience
- 2 weeks annual paid vacation
How to Apply
All qualified candidates including Indigenous persons and newcomers are welcome to apply. Interested individuals please send full resume by email to email@example.com. Applicants must indicate whether they have legal status to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest to be part of our team. However, only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and notified for interview.
Address : 103 – 2nd Avenue, Strathmore, Alberta T1P 1K1