Our client is seeking a full-time Accountant experienced in the preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and ensuring proper financial controls. The position is based in High Prairie, Alberta, relocation is required and assistance is being offered.
- Have your CGA, CMA, CA designation or your 4th level plus related industry experience
- Have working knowledge of key accounting functions; accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting and statistical reporting
- Have a working knowledge of GAAP
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office applications; experience with Empower, and/or JD Edwards software is considered an asset
- Are seeking a team environment in a town offering year-round, outdoor activities….This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate you have been responsible for supporting the business requirements related to financial procedures and systems; including financial reports and analysis.
- Are legally authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have 2 or more years’ experience, where you have been responsible for key accounting functions; accounts payable, payroll, preparation of financial and statistical reporting
- Have your accounting designation or your 4th level plus related work experience
- Have a ‘Can Do’ attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Are proficient in the English language (verbal and written)
Our client is a well known and well respected employer who manufactures lumber, panel products, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products in its operations across Western Canada. As an industry leader in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.
Submit your resume today through this site or our website at www.miriamsherris.com. Make sure to also connect with Miriam Sherris on Linkedin, LIKE Miriam Sherris Recruiting on Facebook and follow Miriam Sherris on Twitter