This permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in High Level, Alberta and requires relocation to the area. As the ideal candidate, you have at least 3 years maintenance supervisory experience, in a unionized, manufacturing environment. You are seeking an exciting career opportunity where you can contribute to both the success of the operation and the career development of your team.
How can you stand out? If You….
- Have forestry experience and are seeking an exciting and challenging career opportunity with an organization who values its employees and encourages individual contribution (other industrial manufacturing environment experience may be considered)
- Are eager to join a team where you can truly use your exceptional technical and leadership skills to help build a well-rounded maintenance team by recognizing the strengths, weaknesses and ambitions of your team members and applying your coaching skills accordingly
- Are interested in living in a beautiful region offering an active outdoor lifestyle with events and activities for all ages...This role might be for you!
As an integral part of the maintenance team, you thrive in a high volume environment. You are passionate about leading a successful team with a focus on safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Your proven track record related to planning, goal setting and project management has contributed to your career success, thus far.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ maintenance supervisory experience within forestry (other industrial manufacturing experience, may be considered)
- Have a diploma, technical degree or trade certification in a mechanical, electrical, or related field
- Have experience leading and coaching a team of up to 10 people
- Have strong labour relations and people skills
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Are self-motivated with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Are experienced working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) e.g. JD Edwards
Our client is a well known and well respected employer who manufactures lumber, panel products, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products in its operations across Western Canada. As an industry leader in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.
Submit your resume today through this site or our website at www.miriamsherris.com. Make sure to also connect with Miriam Sherris on Linkedin, LIKE Miriam Sherris Recruiting on Facebook and follow Miriam Sherris on Twitter