This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
The Process Control Technician (DCS) Level III is responsible for the DCS equipment used for basic regulatory control of processes at the Co-op Refinery Complex (CRC). This position provides guidance for maintenance of the systems, working with suppliers to resolve hardware and software problems. This position creates, develops and updates the programming and documentation of the DCS systems including control logic and operator interfaces based on requests or projects. This function includes configuration, research, optimization, troubleshooting, documentation, programming and providing technical information as it relates to these systems.
CRC’s Core Principles must be adhered to and always take priority over production. Responsibilities include:
- Ensures the accuracy and reliability of Distributed Control System (DCS) platforms to maintain a high level of operation safety for refinery processes
- Maintains existing DCS systems hardware and software. Analyzes hardware health and faults using available diagnostics tools and equipment supplier support and provides guidance to the CRC maintenance personnel for repair
- Creates, designs, tests and commissions control system configuration for DCS platforms in use at CRC facilities
- Manage the coordination with other departments and vendors for all ongoing DCS related projects
- Participates in the planning process of new equipment and concepts for plant automation systems including DCS, information systems and other subsystems by providing technical input and advice.
- Reviews and updates DCS related documentation, maintenance records, software backups, P&IDs, loop drawings and alarm rationalization database.
- Provides technical support to process, major projects
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or Instrumentation Engineering Technology. This position also requires 7 to 9 experience in petroleum refining or a related industry. Membership with the Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologists and Technicians (SASTT) as either a Certified Technician (CET) or Applied Science Technologist (A. Sc. T) is required. Experience with ABB 800xa and/or Emerson DeltaV DCS Control System experience would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants who are interested in this opportunity can apply online at www.co-oprefinery.ca by May 4, 2018.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.