The individual in the Inventory Supervisor role is responsible for managing inventory and maintaining levels required to meet manufacturing demands of CLEANTEK Industries Inc.
The Inventory Supervisor is a dynamic role that will evolve to fit the needs of a rapidly growing company. The incumbent will be highly organized and have a strong understanding of the manufacturing process as it relates to inventory as well as drive for improved supply chain solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Control and maintain inventory levels for all department, shop and field needs.
- Fulfill parts requests and track accordingly.
- Ensure system is organized, maintained and up to date.
- Co-ordinate delivery and pick up of orders and shipments.
- Manage and oversee all shipping, receiving, loading and unloading of trucks.
- Populate new build pallets and sign off for departments.
- Maintain an organized inventory cage, including vendor bins on shop floor.
- Support purchasing of direct and indirect goods as well as outside processes (Paint, SB.)
- Facilitate yearly Physical inventory as well as routine inventory checks (re: Cycle counts)
- Assist with new product / product revision inventory crossovers (Counts, BOMs, subs)
- Perform other duties as required.
- Assist with overseeing the VMI process
- Instruct direct reports throughout their daily assignments
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience with inventory management required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and metal components.
- Advanced Microsoft Office computers skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience working with Inflow or a similar inventory management system would be an asset.
- Experience with driving truck with minimum 30 ft. trailer.
- Experience with Lean practices or 6Sigma would be an asset
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Minimum of one-year related experience in manufacturing.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Forklift ticket an asset.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Overtime may be required.
- Must be able to lift/move a minimum of 50lb.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.