This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
We are looking for two full time temps to be with us from February 4th to the end of June to support our admin team functions. Hours are M-F, 7:30am to 4:30pm including an unpaid hour long lunch and two paid 15 minute breaks. An overview of various duties they would be responsible for are listed below. Would it be possible to select some candidates and have them come meet with us here at SAIT to ensure a good fit for our team?
· Schedule student meeting with the Academic Chair as required
· Receive, monitor and electronically file Selection documentation from students
· Follow-up with Students on missing documentation to ensure the applications are complete
· Maintain and electronic tracking system for Selection program intakes
· Maintain intake preparation and support for Earned Revenue
· Maintain Con-Ed spreadsheet for tracking courses and classrooms
· Assign instructors to courses in Banner
· Request idisk/access from Campus Security for students and instuctors
· Prepare data (Instructors and classrooms) for SIRS submission to SIRS Central Department
· Maintain and update the instructor loading database on a regular basis (SOLAR) – includes entering loading information, substitutions, and running reports
· Assist with SAIT events such as Open House and Orientation
· Create, request approval and submit to SAAF forms to IS to grant access for instructors
· Arrange classroom access for instructors (order keys, iDisks, swipe cards etc.)
· Prepare Instructor contracts
· Process Instructor Invoices
· Maintain Instructor Contract spreadsheet and contact list
· Administrative duties for Dean, Associate Dean, Academic Chairs and Instructors; such as: prepare corporate Visa expense claims, and AP60s
· Administrative duties for the Health, Safety and Environment program
· Order Teaching/course materials for Instructors
· Schedule and take care of logistics for team meetings and other meetings related to the programs and as required
· Take minutes at meetings as required, for example, Program Advisory Meetings, Health and Safety Committee, Dean or Associate Dean Meetings, etc.
· Provide rotational reception cover-off and other duties as required that support the day to day operations of the School’s main office.
· Assist other administrative assistants in School of Construction as required
· Maintain desk manual as required
(a) Skills/Expertise Required:
· Use a variety of computer software programs, MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
· Understanding of and ability to utilize Acculog, Curriculog, and D2L
· Bookstore sites to check on ISBN numbers, etc.
· Proficient Keyboarding skills
· Basic knowledge of HTML
· Knowledge of SAIT templates
· Organizational and writing skills
· Project management skills
What machines and equipment are used and what percentage of time is spent on each?
To apply/register, visit our job postings at bowenworks.ca