Woods Homes is a community owned and operated childrens mental health centre based in Calgary. With a staff complement of 350 we provide 34 programs and services for at-risk children, youth and their families. Locally and nationally known and respected as a centre of excellence for child and family treatment, research and training, a workplace of choice and a leader in the development of innovative service choices....
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a 1 Full-Time Human Resources Coordinator for our Human Resources Department on Parkdale Campus.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all matter to human resources and acts in collaboration with the Payroll and Benefits Department. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Onboarding of all new hires and students for the agency.
- Maintenance of Human Resources database and personnel files.
- Coordinates annual Training Schedules with Instructors for required staff certification and training.
- Responds to inquiries from employees, Managers/Supervisors/Team Leaders related to Human Resources including policies, procedures and programs.
- Provides hands-on one-on-one orientation for new Team Leaders with regard to Human Resources processes.
- Provide Labour and Employee Relations guidance.
- Provides coordination of recruitment.
- Responsible for coordination, tracking and dissemination of a transfers, terminations and promotions.
- Provides monthly reporting statistics for COE Reports, Executive Committee Reports, etc.
- Coordinates summer employment programs.
- Coordinates and regulates Contractors/Consultants files.
- Provides direct support for Director in charge of Human Resources and Labour Relations
- An active member of the Practicum Student Committee and coordination of placements.
- Maintain accountability standards of Core requirements.
- Supervises the Human Resources admin supports.
- Performs other related work as may be assigned.
- Shares the values of Wood’s Homes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or four years related experience in Human Resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Experience with Labour relations.
- Proficiency of HRIS or payroll systems.
- Excellent computer skills in a MS Windows environment including Excel and payroll/HR database management and record/statistics.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality, people/relationships/communications skills.
- CPHR designation is an asset.
- Personnel files maintained in good order.
- HR tracking systems maintained current and accurate.
- HR Business Plan goals are achieved.
- Satisfied Employees and users of HR services.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ‘Last Name, First Name, HR Coordinator’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.