WCG is a leader in delivering employment and vocational rehabilitation services.
The Workshop Facilitator educates, inspires, and supports Learners to achieve employment. The Workshop Facilitator is responsible for ensuring all LevelUp workshop topics and curriculum support a Learner’s employment goals. Through instruction techniques that are suitable for a variety of learning styles, the Workshop Facilitator will help Learners build their skills for employment. The Workshop Facilitator is responsible for ensuring learning outcomes are clear and achievable and that Learners have a clear benchmark for their learning progress.
The Workshop Facilitator is responsible for ensuring the learning environment works effectively for Learners of all skill, education, and experience levels in a group setting. The Workshop Facilitator will provide direct feedback to the LU team and the Regional Manger regarding Learner progress and participation in the workshops. Workshop curriculum includes topics such as: Project Management, Introduction to Supervision, Leadership Styles, Delegation Skills, Coaching for Performance, HR Essentials, Leading in a Diverse Workplace, Change Management, and additional topics all geared towards finding and maintaining employment.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate workshops using a variety of techniques to support individual learning styles
- Facilitate in a manner that meets the employment service needs of a wide variety of Learners, including all skill, education, and experience levels.
- Provide direct feedback to the LU Team and Regional Manager regarding Learner progress and participation in workshops
- Prepare and maintain case management notes, reports, and evaluations related to workshops
- Provide services in group format or 1-1 when required to meet Learner needs
- Provide Learners with a wide variety of leadership, job search, and employment-related group-based workshops that comply with policy respecting content and duration
- Deliver workshop content that is employment focused and relevant to the needs of the Learners attending and in a manner that engages, motivates, and informs Learners
- Ensure Learner attendance is documented in accordance with any methods or standards described in WCG Policy
- Ensure the workshop facility, required equipment, and materials are available and ready for use
- Other duties as assigned and required
- 3-5 years’ facilitation experience within the career development field
- Direct experience leading groups of unemployed individuals and a strong understanding of the issues they face in seeking employment
- Excellent group facilitation and communication skills
- Experience using technology in workshop delivery, such as SmartBoards, webinars, etc.
- Knowledge of the local labour market, community resources & government social service programs
- Knowledge of job search techniques, career development, and issues relating to the unemployed
- Ability to successfully communicate with a diverse population
- Solid understanding of confidentiality and other professional codes of conduct; must submit for a criminal record check
- Team player with ability to work effectively with all types of people (personalities)
- Certification to deliver exposure courses/short term job specific skills training is considered an asset
- University degree, or diploma and experience in career development, adult education or a related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Career Development Practitioner’s Certificate, Leadership certification, and Project Management certification or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project Management knowledge an asset
Please note that only applications received via our website will be considered.