Asset Maintenance Manager
What Fraser Grain Terminal is Hiring for:
Title: Asset Maintenance Manager
Location: Surrey, BC
Are you looking for a career in a stable industry that helps feed the world?
Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian grain! Fraser Grain Terminal (FGT) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking and dedicated individual to bring their passion and hands on skills to a role as Asset Maintenance Manager for our terminal in Surrey, BC. This brand new, state of the art terminal is a joint venture between Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) and GrainsConnect Canada Operations Inc. (GrainsConnect) and is scheduled to open in the fall of 2020.
Our owners are investing in assets such as FGT to continue building on growth trajectory.
Both partner companies in FGT have demonstrated their commitment to the growth of Canadian overseas markets by making significant investments in resources to efficiently export Canadian farmer’s grain and specialty product exports and contributing to the world’s food supply chain.
P&H’s roots go back over 110 years, with a proud tradition of being a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations that include grain handling, transportation, logistics, and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed milling.
GrainsConnect Canada Operations, Inc is a joint venture between GrainCorp, a leading Australian agribusiness, and Zen-Noh Grain Corporation, a subsidiary of major Japanese agricultural cooperative Zen-Noh (National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations). Incorporated in 2015, GrainsConnect operates four new, high-capacity grain terminals in Maymont and Reford, Saskatchewan and Vegreville and Huxley, Alberta. GrainsConnect offers competitive pricing, game-changing efficiency and access to global demand.
Apply your skills and experience to the next step in your career.
As the Asset Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating maintenance and repairs to all assets. In addition, you will assist to identify, develop and coordinate capital improvement projects. Further, you will be responsible for all on-site infrastructure, to ensure that equipment is safe and well functioning to minimize productivity loss.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, have an eye for detail, and apply both technology and hands on monitoring to effectively plan and coordinate facility maintenance to minimize productivity losses, and optimize equipment to reduce operating costs. Strong communication and planning skills can set you apart among our candidate pool. Our goal is to maintain our new state-of-the-art facility through the use of an asset management program to coordinate regularly scheduled predictive and preventative maintenance and this will be your program to develop, in conjunction with the operations management team.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Develop and implement an asset management program including monitoring and scheduling predictive and preventative maintenance and asset life-cycle requirements;
- Assist with development and implementation of Environment, Health and Safety procedures, Security & Emergency preparedness procedures;
- Ensure that facility consistently meets government regulations, environmental, health & safety standards and industry codes including food safety;
- Track all asset conditions, including buildings and equipment to forecast long and short term improvements and maintenance requirements;
- Respond to emergency equipment failures or other urgent repair issues involving the assets;
- Conduct and document regular facility inspections, including both safety and operational, to determine the need for repairs/renovations, monitor sanitation, and to look critically to optimize operational productivity;
- Manage contractor and supplier / vendor relationships, negotiate contracts to optimize cost effectiveness and timely delivery, establish safe work practices and orientation requirements, and review/inspection of all completed work;
- Apply industry and business practices to manage and reduce operation costs;
- Create and manage spending approved in annual budget for various facility asset needs and expenses;
- Develop a working 5 year asset plan to project investment and expenses;
- Develop and coordinate Capital Investment Projects;
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor`s degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management, or relative equivalent work experience, such as;
- 5-10 years working experience in a facility management / maintenance role; familiarity with building and handling equipment maintenance, structural issues and grounds maintenance;
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management;
- Technical / Working knowledge of Process Control Logic hardware and software (HMI) an asset;
- Trained in Federal Health & Safety Regulations - Canada Labour Code Part II;
- Solid knowledge of predictive and preventative maintenance scheduling techniques;
- Industry training – Loss Control Leadership, GEAPS, HACCP, an asset;
- Good problem-solving, analytical and time-management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as multi-tasking skills;
- Proven organizational and leadership skills with the ability to guide and coach employees;
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat and lift up to 25-30 lbs;
To apply, please submit your application to FGTCareers@FGTLTD.ca. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about us at http://www.frasergrainterminal.ca/
FGT is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Fraser Grain Terminal is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Fraser Grain Terminal is available in Calgary.
About Fraser Grain Terminal:
Read more on Fraser Grain Terminal job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Fraser Grain Terminal? It’s time to take action!