Business Development Specialist
What Microserve is Hiring for:
At Microserve, we're an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 400 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a Business Development Specialist to join our Marketing Team anywhere remotely within Canada. If you are looking to join a thriving business, play a key role in new business generation, and grow in your career, this is the job for you!
This position is responsible for lead generation and nurturing to develop awareness and interest in Microserve’s offerings and produce high quality, sales qualified leads that are ready to progress to our sales team. It involves both outbound prospecting for new clients as well as qualifying and nurturing inbound leads in order to support pipeline and sales growth.
Your skills will set the stage to engage customers in our selling cycle. The successful candidate should be motivated to work independently doing B2B business development, will need to excel in outbound lead generation strategies, and should be comfortable establishing rapport easily with a wide variety of potential partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop a strong enough understanding of Microserve’ s solutions, services and value proposition to effectively present them to prospective clients
- Position and market Microserve’ s full range of IT solutions and services to prospective clients
- Prospect, pre-qualify, and nurture potential leads leveraging various sales and marketing tools and tactics
- Maintain accurate records within our CRM
- Research markets, identify key targets, and generate interest within prospective clients
- Hand off sales qualified leads and opportunities to the Microserve sales team and work together collaboratively towards a successful close
- Develop and maintain an effective system for lead tracking and nurturing
- Closely monitor and report on performance in relation to KPIs and develop strategies to improve results, including sales conversion rate
- Follow up on inbound leads and client inquiries
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team to identify the right contacts for various marketing campaigns based on target firmographics and strategic industry segments
- Minimum 1 year experience in a B2B outbound sales or business development role
- Relevant post-secondary education is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including phone and listening skills
- Experience working in the IT industry is desirable; IT acumen is a must!
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with CRM tools
- Ability to take initiative and be professional with customer interaction
- Persistent but not annoying to client; ability to find the right balance
- Organized and able to prepare and present tracking reports
- Ability to prioritize and maintain lead follow ups throughout the sales cycle
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize and work independently in a self-directed manner
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast paced environment
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Microserve is available in Calgary SE, Calgary NE, Calgary NW, Calgary, Calgary (Downtown), Calgary SW.
Technology is empowering. It helps us accomplish more with fewer resources. We can use it to maintain high-quality work, even at breakneck speeds, or to achieve things we haven’t imagined yet. And it connects us, allowing us to stay in contact anytime, anywhere.
At Microserve, we use technology to empower our clients to succeed. That means delivering the kind of IT support and consultation that helps turn your goals into reality.
Microserve is headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. Founded in 1987, we support the IT needs of businesses and organizations across industries throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Atlantic Canada, with clients ranging from mid-sized operations to enterprise-level organizations. We partner with each of our clients, regardless of size, to provide custom, responsive IT support and solutions that propel our clients toward their goals.
We genuinely believe we’re the best choice for IT support in Canada.
Read more on Microserve job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Microserve? It’s time to take action!