Career Advisor (Bilingual)
What WCG Services is Hiring for:
The Career Advisor (Bilingual) will take the lead role in day-to-day case management to provide appropriate services and supports toward rapid re-employment for a broad range of clients with varying levels of skill, education, and experience. The Career Advisor will support a wide client base including the Francophone population. The Career Advisor ensures that clients receive appropriate referrals to other services, supports, and resources in the community, as required, based on individual need. The Career Advisor is the key, on-going contact for the client throughout the service continuum and must be able to facilitate workshops on an as needed basis.
· Interview/ assess potential clients to determine eligibility, acceptance, job readiness, and viability of job goal
· Provide the client with an orientation and information about Calgary Career Hub and its assessment processes.
· Provide information about service objectives and expectations for client participation while in service
· Refer clients to other services if not eligible for Calgary Career Hub services
· Provide "day-to-day" overall case management and administration duties pertaining to the client, including documentation and report writing, ensuring timelines are met, and communicating and developing ongoing relationships with internal and external service providers and Ministry staff
· Support the client in their job search including motivating, career consulting, resume review, and developing service plans
· Support with workshop facilitation as required
· French language fluency
· 3+ years of career development, recruiting, or other workforce development experience
· Knowledge of the local labour market, community resources, government social service programs, job search techniques, career development and issues related to the unemployed
· Successful track record helping clients to achieve and maintain employment
· Fluency in languages in addition to French and English would be considered an asset
· Facilitation experience would be considered an asset
· Experience in the provision of informal assessments and evaluations which will assist clients in reaching their employment goals
· A demonstrated record of working with training providers, community resources, and other employment related service providers
· Related post-secondary qualification and experience in career development, adult education or a related discipline and/or combination of equivalent relevant education and experience
· Career Development Practitioners certification preferred
· Employment related professional association memberships and/or affiliation preferred
Please submit your application via our Careers site.
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from WCG Services is available in Calgary NW.
About WCG Services:
WCG is a leader in delivering employment and vocational rehabilitation services.
Read more on WCG Services job listings