Community Health Worker
What Interior Health Authority is Hiring for:
The Kimberley Health Centre is seeking a Community Health Worker to join their casual team! The ideal candidate will have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and have a passion for providing client-centered care.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Services are provided in the community between the hours of 07:00 and 23:00 seven days per week so shifts may fall anywhere in that timeframe. Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day! If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, Kimberley Health Centre is the place for you.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Location / region:
This Temporary/Contract/Project listing from Interior Health Authority is available in Calgary.
About Interior Health Authority:
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care â all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
Read more on Interior Health Authority job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Interior Health Authority? It’s time to take action!