Computer Install Technician, Team Lead
What Microserve is Hiring for:
Microserve is looking for a Computer Install Technician Team Lead to join our team in Calgary, AB. The Computer Deployment Technician Team Lead is responsible for leading a team of at least 4 deployment technicians. The Deployment Team is responsible for deploying and retiring IT hardware in our branch or client environments.
The Deployment Team Lead will be responsible for ensuring the completion and quality of work and provide onsite coordination.
This may involve physical installation, transfer of settings or data, installation and configuration of software, or training and support for PCs, laptops, printers and peripherals. This position may be required travel and presence on client sites such as healthcare, government and educational institutions.
• Conduct software and network configuration and troubleshooting
• Responsible for software installation
• Responsible for printer/peripheral installation
• Diagnose, repair, and upgrade PC software and equipment
• Image workstation for new deployments
• Respond to customer inquiries
• Record-keeping and asset management
• Support other departments as necessary, depending on workload
• Work proactively to ensure that services delivery is aligned to the client needs
• Delivering computer and/or printer orientation
• Responsible for managing large deployment projects
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• 2+ years’ experience in an enterprise/business IT environment
• Previous related deployment experience on large IT projects
• Previous experience in a Team Lead role
• Previous experience managing IT related projects is considered an asset
• Strong leadership and communication skills is required including ability to provide daily and weekly reports as required
• Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment
• Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
• Experience in PC assembly or repair
• CompTIA A+ Certification is required
• Vendor-specific hardware certification desired
• Able to lift 50+ lbs.
• Compliant with all client health and safety requirements, inclusive of required vaccinations
• Able to pass the criminal record check as required by our client(s)
• Driver’s license and access to own vehicle required
Location / region:
This listing from Microserve is available in Calgary, Calgary (Downtown), Calgary SW, Calgary SE, Calgary NE, Calgary NW.
Technology is empowering. It helps us accomplish more with fewer resources. We can use it to maintain high-quality work, even at breakneck speeds, or to achieve things we haven’t imagined yet. And it connects us, allowing us to stay in contact anytime, anywhere.
At Microserve, we use technology to empower our clients to succeed. That means delivering the kind of IT support and consultation that helps turn your goals into reality.
Microserve is headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. Founded in 1987, we support the IT needs of businesses and organizations across industries throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Atlantic Canada, with clients ranging from mid-sized operations to enterprise-level organizations. We partner with each of our clients, regardless of size, to provide custom, responsive IT support and solutions that propel our clients toward their goals.
We genuinely believe we’re the best choice for IT support in Canada.
Read more on Microserve job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Microserve? It’s time to take action!