Desktop Team Lead
What Microserve is Hiring for:
Desktop Team Lead
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary, and Halifax, we employ over 350 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a Desktop Team Lead to join our team in Calgary, Alberta. In this role your primary focus is to manage the performance of the Desktop Team for one of our enterprise clients and ensure excellent client service. This includes acting as the primary point of contact for escalated deskside support incidents and providing coaching and oversite to other team members.
The work location is full time onsite at our client’s site, to provide the highest level of support to our client, as well as to other members of the Deskside Support Team.
- Lead a team of on-site deskside support specialists to ensure effective service delivery by the team
- Serve as the first escalation point for the on-site team and for the client
- Act as the initial point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into other support teams
- Provide oversight and support of various PC hardware issues within the client environment Responsible for the timely response and resolution of service tickets assigned to Microserve
- Act as a single point of contact for client
- Manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware and software
- Make sure service tickets are managed and updated in a timely and effective manner
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution
- Participate in resolving technical issues as part of the Deskside Support Team
- Build standard operating procedures, training documents as needed
- Review customer survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience
- Engage with Microserve and Client stakeholders to provide technical and service delivery updates
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Confidence in delivering informative, well-organized presentations to senior management
- Computer Technology Diploma or Certificate or related field of study with equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in the IT industry
- PMP Certification is considered an asset
- ITIL Certification is considered an asset
- An aptitude for completing and learning simple engineering tasks
- Technical qualifications in areas such as Hardware and Software is considered an asset
- Experience working in a technical support/incident management role is considered an asset
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience using various MS Office suite programs (Word, Excel, etc.;)
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Microserve is available in Calgary NW, Calgary, Calgary (Downtown), Calgary SE, Calgary NE.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Microserve offers:
Company Benefits - Health, Dental and Vision
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Technology is empowering. It helps us accomplish more with fewer resources. We can use it to maintain high-quality work, even at breakneck speeds, or to achieve things we haven’t imagined yet. And it connects us, allowing us to stay in contact anytime, anywhere.
At Microserve, we use technology to empower our clients to succeed. That means delivering the kind of IT support and consultation that helps turn your goals into reality.
Microserve is headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. Founded in 1987, we support the IT needs of businesses and organizations across industries throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Atlantic Canada, with clients ranging from mid-sized operations to enterprise-level organizations. We partner with each of our clients, regardless of size, to provide custom, responsive IT support and solutions that propel our clients toward their goals.
We genuinely believe we’re the best choice for IT support in Canada.
Read more on Microserve job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Microserve? It’s time to take action!