Environmental Biologist - 5 to 10 Years Experience (36083)
What Langan is Hiring for:
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opportunity for an Environmental Biologist - 5 to 10 Years Experience in our Calgary, AB office location. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing duties as a field representative, including: pre-reclamation assessments; Detailed Site Assessments (DSA); invasive weed surveys; wetland delineations; rare plant surveys; wildlife surveys; reclamation oversight; restoration monitoring, collecting field data and samples; monitoring construction sites, compiling data, and preparing reports.
- Conduct plant and wildlife surveys for habitat assessments, special-status species, and other project requirements;
- Conduct wetland delineations, jurisdictional determinations, and other aquatic resource surveys using current agency protocols, regionally specific methods, and other guidance;
- Provide biological monitoring and oversight for construction projects, restoration and reclamation implementation and maintenance;
- Research regional specific natural resources, survey requirements, and reporting needs;
- Develop environmental permitting packages using data collected in the field by Langan or subcontractors; and
- Prepare reports documenting field investigations and analytical results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Wildlife, Botany, Ecology, Environmental Science, Reclamation, or a closely related field;
- 5 to 10 years of biological experience working in Alberta (British Columbia experience a plus);
- Knowledge of environmental regulations including AER and AEP;
- Knowledge of provincial & state protected species and permitting requirements;
- Experience using GPS units in the field (prior use of ArcPad, GIS, Collector, Survey123 a plus);
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively;
- Excellent analytical and judgement capabilities;
- Field experience with ability to travel to job sites in remote locations;
- Ability to work during evenings and/or weekends as needed;
- Ability to travel to various job sites and spend most, if not all, of the work day on-site and meet with clients, as required;
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to visit job sites as needed; and
- Reside in Calgary or surrounding region.
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below to apply.
In the Search for a Job section, go to the Type drop-down, select Professional, and Submit
Scroll down the page to view all opportunities and apply.
We thank you for your interest in Langan!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Langan is available in Calgary.
Langan provides an integrated mix of engineering and environmental consulting services in support of land development projects, corporate real estate portfolios, and the energy sector. The firm, which has more than 1,200 employees in 33 US offices and multiple international locations, brings measurable value to its diverse client base, which includes developers, property owners, public agencies, corporations, and institutions around the world.
Read more on Langan job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Langan? It’s time to take action!