Environmental Project Manager
What SynergyAspen Environmental is Hiring for:
The primary function of the Environmental Project Manager is to manage multiple projects of varying complexity within set timelines and provide skilled organization pertaining to planning, budgeting, issue resolution, resource allocation and management. Within a project, this role reports to the Environmental Account Manager. This position may also liaise with the client directly regarding the project work and status. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Define scope of activities, set priorities, evaluate, and manage risks and monitor performance
- Design and prepare work programs and technical reports for field programs
- Maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of BC regulatory regime (AB is an asset)
- Responsible for review and sign-off on monthly invoices to clients
- Maintain billable targets as set by CEO
- Responsible for ensuring project staff meet, maintain, or exceed client-specific health and safety requirements, review safety documents, POPs’, templates, and other material
- Undertake occasional travel to Calgary, Fort St John, Vancouver, or other destinations as needed
- Provide excellent levels of service to our internal and external clients
- Expand services to existing clients through cross-selling SynergyAspen’s various lines of business (Remediation, Reclamation and Natural Sciences) and assist in preparation of RFQ’s and SOQ’s
- Provide professional supervision to direct report employees, including direction, supervision, training, mentorship, and support in coordination with SynergyAspen policies, procedures, and human resource objectives
What You Offer SynergyAspen
- 7 + years experience in the industry
- B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. in a related discipline and a professional designation (e.g., P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, P.Ag. etc.) recognized in BC or AB
- Experience in contaminated sites, natural sciences, or reclamation, with preference given to candidates with practical knowledge of BC OGC Regulations
- Experience in managing technically complex projects, working with a dynamic team, and overseeing cost controls
- Energy, intelligence, and integrity. Your drive for exceptional client experience is relentless
- Proactively collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
- Reliable attention to details that matter most, remarkable accuracy, and professional organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to safety
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from SynergyAspen Environmental is available in Calgary, Edmonton.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with SynergyAspen Environmental offers:
Company benefits - prescription medication, dental care, vision care, employee assistance program, company pernsion
Working from home due to COVID-19 situation.
Company Benefits - Health, Dental and Vision
Ongoing training and skills development, including a staff development fund.
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
About SynergyAspen Environmental:
SynergyAspen's purpose is to reduce our clients’ environmental footprint. We are a growing environmental consulting firm that provides clients with exceptional service and value, and our employees with meaningful careers. Our areas of expertise include contaminated sites, natural sciences, and reclamation services.
Read more on SynergyAspen Environmental job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from SynergyAspen Environmental? It’s time to take action!