What Sunshine Village is Hiring for:
The primary focus of the Human Resources Generalist is to help ensure the efficient day-to-day running of Human Resources processes and programs at Sunshine Village. The Generalist ensures compliance in all HR areas including onboarding, offboarding, HRIS data completion, engagement, and recruitment. This role reports to the HR Manager and works closely alongside Payroll, Accounting, and Staff Accommodation teams. The HR Generalist works in conjunction with the HR Manager providing guidance and coaching to team members on assignments and tasks, overseeing aspects of scheduling and project completion.
- Service Delivery
- Providing an excellent workplace experience for employees at all levels of the company.Advising and assisting with a variety of employee enquiries, respecting confidentiality, and upholding high standards of privacy, professionalism, and respect in the workplace.
- HR Operations
- Supervising HR team members in day-to-day matters; ensuring efficient and positive operations with support from the HR Manager.Overseeing and managing the completion of operational deliverables including engagement and continuous improvement initiatives.Regular auditing for accuracy of HRIS data to ensure files are complete and current. Monitoring and review of HR standard operating processes and procedures with an eye on consistency, efficiency and new initiatives. A thorough understanding of company policies and procedures is required.In turn, providing support to employees and supervisors in areas of HR best practices including HRIS processes, coaching, performance reviews, and general employee communications.Assisting the HR Manager with processing terminations and exit interviews (as required).Facilitating pertinent training initiatives, as needed, in conjunction with the HR Team and relevant to company requirements.
- Oversee and complete the “full circle” recruitment process.Development of twice per year Sunshine recruitment plans, as informed by statistical analysis of hiring and job market trends.Coordinating initiatives, hiring fairs, post-secondary and annual recruitment programs.Remaining responsive to applicant and new hire enquiries. Knowing employment requirements, and terms and conditions of employment.Creation of offer letters and follow-up on offer letter acceptance. Training HR team members on follow-up including documentation in the HRIS system, distributing information, preparing first-day materials (employee identification, name badge, additional agreements, etc.), ensuring completion of new employee online files for their start date.
- Sunshine Uniform Program
- Coordinating uniform ordering for majority of departments at Sunshine Village.Overseeing maintenance and distribution of uniforms.Preparing and reviewing annual budget submissions for uniform program.Other duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
- Certification, designation or related post-secondary education in human resources, administration, or a related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with three (3) or more years of HR experience, ideally in a supervisor capacity.
- Experience working in a seasonal, recreation and tourism focused workplace with significant employee seasonal onboarding is an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with excellent time management and forward planning ability.
- Must be neat, punctual, and dependable.
- Prepared to work flexible schedule (overtime, evenings, and weekends, if required).
- Ability to problem solve and think critically when working through and reacting to issues
- Advanced computer skills and an up-to-date suite of Microsoft programs (including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel). Proficiency with HRIS systems (Ceridian Dayforce) is an asset.
- This position requires accuracy, discretion, good judgment, and a high degree of confidentiality in handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Willingness to travel (as required).
- Possessing an enthusiastic, welcoming approach to providing excellent service to our teams.
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Sunshine Village is available in Banff / Canmore.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Sunshine Village offers:
Comprehensive insurance package
Join Us. Be You.
Competitive salary & Benefits
Long Term Position
Company Cell Phone
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
About Sunshine Village:
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on for more information...
Read more on Sunshine Village job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Sunshine Village? It’s time to take action!