What Safeguard is Hiring for:
Welder/Field Installer – Fall Protection Systems
Reporting To: Installation Manager/Shop Manager
Location: Calgary, AB
Travel: approx. 80%
In the role of Installer, you will be an integral part of our shop and field installation team working as a welder/fitter/installer. This position is the front-line company representative with our clients.
Your role is critical to the organization and will prove pivotal in the continued growth of Safeguard Industries. This position requires a dedicated and energetic person who is results oriented and capable of professional and detailed follow through.
- Pick-up, transport, deliver materials to work site
- Installation of custom steel fall protection anchors, davits, rigging sleeves, guardrails, as required by job specification
- Installation of pre-manufactured, third party fall protection equipment
- Independently handle issues with customers in a professional manner and make sound decisions while in the field
- Complete daily reports/FLHA/toolbox meetings forms, as required
- Basic construction and workshop duties, to include structural welding, fitting, accurate layout and blueprint interpretation
- Basic equipment maintenance, as needed
Education, Skills, Experience
- Experienced CWB certified Welder with skill, ambition, and field experience in the fall protection industry, including installation of fall safety systems at client sites
- Fall protection or construction related experience, specifically in structural steel
- Minimum 2 years steel erection/steel fabrication shop experience
- Preferred experience: construction – carpentry- structural steel welding/fitting- workshop - construction machine operation - structural building components - equipment maintenance
- Roofing, carpentry experience, a plus
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, plans and blueprints
- Ability to communicate fluently with conversing, reading and writing in English
- Ability to drive long distances to work sites
- Desirable certifications: Construction Safety Training System (CSTS), Fall Protection Certification, AWP Certification, Forklift/telehandler, first aid, WHMIS
- Ability to safely operate forklift, man lift, articulating boom lift
- Ability to work flexible work-hours, including overtime
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment
Special/Particular Requirements (safety, physical, etc.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work at heights attained by climbing and use of equipment. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee may be required to lift up to 100 lbs. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following are also required for this position:
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Ability to lift weights up to 100lbs
- Valid driver’s license required
- A clean driver’s abstract, desirable
- Ability to pass comprehensive criminal background checks, including drug tests
- Ability to work safely at heights
To be a successful Installer, your attitude is critical. The following characteristics are also essential to your success at Safeguard Industries:
- Work independently and as a team player
- Organized and punctual
- A positive, can do attitude
Location / region:
This listing from Safeguard is available in Calgary.
Safeguard Industries is committed to providing you with the highest level of service, so you’ll always choose us for your fall protection, custom fabrication, engineering and installation needs.
Safeguard has been providing Fall Protection and Safety Products and Services for over two decades. Initially offering fall protection, we later expanded into safety product sales, in-house freight services and now, Safeguard offers full steel fabrication services for any application. With decades of combined experience, we offer complete workplace safety solutions for any application.
Read more on Safeguard job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Safeguard? It’s time to take action!