What Northwestel is Hiring for:
At Northwestel, we're driven by a common vision of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the #North. We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, you’ll enjoy competitive pay, team incentive plan, comprehensive benefit program and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide 1st level support via phone or remote control for internal customers by logging problems/requests/issues and where possible providing assistance on a variety of hardware and software problems including operating system support, peripheral devices (printers, monitors, PC’s, etc.), communication problems, application support, system access problems, and database support.
- Provide 2nd level technical desktop support for internal customers on a variety of hardware and software problems including operating system support, communication problems, application support, system access problems, and database support.
- Work with end-users in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving hardware/software and basic network support issues.
- Perform centralized network administration duties such as setting up new Network/email accounts, password resets and changing access levels in various applications.
- Perform installation, testing and maintenance of desktop/laptop hardware and associated software components.
- Re-image computers, perform data migrations and restorations, and conduct remote problem solving
- Perform in-house desktop/laptop repairs for equipment not under warranty, and initiate service from maintenance vendor if not repairable in-house
- Provide technical input into desktop architecture and infrastructure planning as a member of the planning team.
- Utilize 2nd and 3rd level support when necessary to resolve incidents and re establish normal customer service within service level parameters.
- Troubleshoot customer reported incident and initiate corrective action by walking user through solution or remote control of user’s desktop computer.
- Uses appropriate communication skills and questioning techniques to assess customer needs in a timely manner.
- Performs analysis concerning incident reports, identifying potential common source patterns to identify problems or major incidents.
- Maintain and document system procedures and processes.
- Provide follow-up client contact to ensure satisfactory resolution of service requests and to solicit input concerning need for support services.
- Analyze and research technical solutions to customer problems and maintain, and document system procedures and processes.
- Monitor incidents for escalation, ability to escalate to management of incidents not being action in a timely way.
- Communicate outages (planned or unplanned), major changes to key stakeholders.
- Ensure quality of the incident record prior to resolving the incident
**Must be available and willing to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime (on Standby as per LOU or via Call out), including Saturdays and Sundays as required.**
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 2 year IT related diploma or A+ certification and 1 of the following Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MOS, MTA, MCSE).
- 2-3 years experience in IS/IT support preferably in Service Desk, Helpdesk or Desktop environment dealing with hardware & software issues.
- Must be able to demonstrate qualifications by passing an exam with a grade of 70% or better.
- Excellent working knowledge of: Windows client operating systems (Windows 7/10), Active Directory, LANdesk, Microsoft Outlook and TCP/IP protocols.
- Desktop application software, including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, VMware and Oracle client.
- Must be able to follow process and management directives.
- Must have excellent English oral, comprehension and written communication skills and ability to convert technical terms into everyday language to ensure understanding.
- Very detailed and team oriented individual with excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and handle frustrated clients.
- Must be able to multitask in order to reprioritize tasks quickly and deal with constant interruptions while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Experience using an incident tracking system an asset.
- Customer service or Service desk certification training an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations or equivalent experience an asset.
- The ability to lift/carry/move weights up to 50lbs.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
- Northwestel Employee Discount (Television, Telephone and Internet) Bell Employee Discount ( wireless & video) and Vendor Discount (Electronics, Clothing, Vehicle and so much more)
- Extended Health Care (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Team Incentive Plan
- Vacation Travel time ( Up to 3 weeks per year)
- Career Development Benefit Program (Offer support for education or qualifications they need for career development)
- Employee Pension and Share Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Programs
âAs a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Northwestel is available in Calgary.
Read more on Northwestel job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Northwestel? It’s time to take action!