What Urban Systems Ltd. is Hiring for:
About the Opportunity
Our busy Calgary branch is currently looking to hire a service-oriented IT Technologist. This is a mid-career position that is suitable for a graduate of a Computer Technology diploma or degree program with four to six years related experience.
Working alongside our team of IT Professionals, you will perform a variety of duties in computer software and hardware support services as well as some computer programming/scripting. You will be a first point of contact for branch staff and as such need to be comfortable and proficient dealing with a wide variety of issues and people.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting PC’s, Windows servers, printers, network devices, and peripheral equipment;
- Providing technical support to staff;
- Installing and supporting common office and engineering software applications; and
- Generating custom reports and browser-based applications using standard query and programming languages.
Our ideal candidate will be a graduate of a Computer Technology diploma or degree program with four to six years of related experience. Experience in administering a Microsoft environment would be considered an asset.
In addition to the above, we are also looking for the following skills, strengths and interests:
- Energetic and enthusiastic – someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Motivated by a desire to provide excellent service; and
- Self-directed and comfortable taking initiative to get things done.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have over four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 450 people is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes, both large and small.
The Calgary branch office, located in the historic Victoria Park neighbourhood on the east side of downtown, offers a dynamic working environment. Our open concept design promotes collaboration with our diverse team of local consultants.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment;
- Ongoing career development and learning; and
- Meaningful rewards and recognition.
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Urban Systems Ltd. is available in Calgary.
About Urban Systems Ltd.:
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, First Nations, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of almost 500 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Read more on Urban Systems Ltd. job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Urban Systems Ltd.? It’s time to take action!