Landscaper (NOC: 2225)
What Saunders Construction Ltd. is Hiring for:
Job Title: Landscaper (NOC: 2225)
Employer: Saunders Construction Ltd.
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2019
Salary: $28.85 to $29.50 Hourly
Hours: 44.00 Hours per week
Terms of Employment: Seasonal, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day
Location: Work in various locations in Alberta except for the Fort McMurray area (travel expenses paid by employer when working out of town).
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Not required
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience
Work Setting: Construction company, Landscape contractor
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
Personal Suitability: Team player, Reliability
Area of Specialization: Landscape construction
Type of Landscaping Experience: Residential projects, Commercial/industrial construction, Institutional construction, Park and recreation sites
- Plan the layout of the different landscape structures
- Prepare the site for planting
- Amend poor soil conditions, if needed
- Install fences, decks and planters as needed
- Install rock gardens, stone garden walls, retaining walls, fieldstone paths and patios, ornamental ponds, fountains and waterfalls, interlocking brick as needed
- Determine grade of the ground to prevent the pooling of water or leakages. Ensure proper water flow to prevent any flooding of buildings or other sensitive structures.
- Plant trees and shrubberies, as needed
- Install lawns as needed
- Install automated irrigation systems, as needed
- Mentor new employees to support Supervisors/Foremen with training
- Work without supervision
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots, Hard hat, Safety vest
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Ability to distinguish between colours, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Other: Salary based on experience. Actual start date is weather dependent.
Courses in landscaping and experience as a landscaping labourer are assets.
HOW TO APPLY
Site 6, Box 15, R.R.7
By Fax: (403) 936-6132
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Saunders Construction Ltd. is available in Calgary.
About Saunders Construction Ltd.:
Read more on Saunders Construction Ltd. job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Saunders Construction Ltd.? It’s time to take action!