Lead Audio Visual Technician
What Microserve is Hiring for:
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 400 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our client.
We are looking for a Lead Audio Visual (AV) Technician to join our team in Burnaby, BC. So if you are locally based or willing to relocate this a great opportunity as Microserve has a well-established ad continually growing AV business.
The Lead AV Technician will be able to work with our clients all throughout BC to support their AV requirements. The successful candidate will gain experience in multiple enterprise sized client environments, addressing new tasks and requests each day.
Main responsibilities include perform installation tasks for audio visual projects including but not limited to cable pulls, cable terminations, system equipment and components, rack fabrication/wiring, layout for equipment and metal fabrication.
The Lead Technician may be expected to lead and direct installation crews (internal or subcontracted) on large/complex projects and engage in specific system testing by coordinating and reporting progress to Project Coordinator ensuring projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform installation tasks as noted in job summary based on project scope and directives
- Demonstrate job site leadership, provide mentorship to all site Technicians on site and verify quality of work Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other installation system related tasks
- Test point to point cabling and functionality of systems
- Test code for control and DSP systems – field load as necessary
- Make minor programming changes under the direction of an engineer or programmer
- Track, manage and secure all associated equipment and tools on jobsite
- Install projector and screen support structure when necessary. Wall backing, C-Channel mounting
- Communicate updates on site status to the Project Coordinator and complete required job
- Documentation of processes as needed
- Perform client training overview when required
- Other duties assigned as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Effectively communicate with employees, customers and colleagues
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Computer Knowledge including ability upload/download system programming, understanding of IP addressing and communications
- Knowledge of complex wiring configurations and/or signal flow for audio, video, control
- Minor control system programming changes and troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge and use of specific test equipment for required applications
- Knowledge and application of industry installation safety codes and standards.
- Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the customers
- Overtime may be required from time to time
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 4+ years in audiovisual, electronics or related industry installation experience required
- Formal education in Audio Visual, Electronics or related field preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have knowledge and use of specific test equipment for required applications
- Must have:
- Valid and current AVIXA CTS-I General Certification preferred
- Manufacturer training / certificates such Biamp, QSC, Crestron, AMX, Extron etc.
- Project Site Lead Role experience is considered an asset
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle (mileage is paid)
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Able to work with basic handheld tools
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Microserve is available in Calgary SE, Calgary NE, Calgary NW, Calgary, Calgary (Downtown), Calgary SW.
Technology is empowering. It helps us accomplish more with fewer resources. We can use it to maintain high-quality work, even at breakneck speeds, or to achieve things we haven’t imagined yet. And it connects us, allowing us to stay in contact anytime, anywhere.
At Microserve, we use technology to empower our clients to succeed. That means delivering the kind of IT support and consultation that helps turn your goals into reality.
Microserve is headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. Founded in 1987, we support the IT needs of businesses and organizations across industries throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Atlantic Canada, with clients ranging from mid-sized operations to enterprise-level organizations. We partner with each of our clients, regardless of size, to provide custom, responsive IT support and solutions that propel our clients toward their goals.
We genuinely believe we’re the best choice for IT support in Canada.
Read more on Microserve job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Microserve? It’s time to take action!