What Columbia Pole Ltd is Hiring for:
Job Title: Log Grader (NOC 2223)
Employer: Columbia Pole Ltd.
Job Location: Based in Sundre, AB (32510 Range Road 60), but travel to various locations in Alberta (travel expenses paid by employer)
Salary: $34.95 to $36.00 / hour
Terms and Conditions of Employment: Permanent, Full time (40 hours/week), Morning, Day, Occasional overtime may be required
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Education: Completion of high school
Experience: 2 years of related experience
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Abilities: Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Ability to distinguish between colours, Physically demanding
Personal Suitability: Organized, Team player
Area of Specialization: Woodlands operations, Solid wood processing, Wood use, Harvest Plan
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Chain saw
- Conduct and supervise forest inventory cruises, surveys and field measurement
- Travel to designated harvest areas, conduct stand descriptive timber cruises
- Mark standing logs based on physical properties and properties affecting strength
- Use increment boring techniques to identify decay
- Weigh log trucks before and after unloading, record weights and suppliers identities
- Examine logs visually for knots, holes, decay and other defects
- Measure logs to ensure specified size and length
- Class and sort logs according to industry standards and mark logs to indicate grade
- Log scaling
Work Setting: Private sector
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
- Must be able and willing to obtain the following certifications prior to commencing employment:
- Chain saw
- Equipment used: Avenza maps, ATV operation, Chain Saw operation, Log Wizard, Mobark LP.
How to Apply:
PO Box 1783
By Email: email@example.com
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Columbia Pole Ltd is available in Calgary.
About Columbia Pole Ltd:
Read more on Columbia Pole Ltd job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Columbia Pole Ltd? It’s time to take action!