Long-Term Care Attendant
What Interior Health is Hiring for:
Durand Manor in Golden, BC, is seeking casual Long-term Care Attendants to join their team! The ideal candidate has completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and a passion for providing patient-centered care.
Henry M. Durand Manor, located in Golden, embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. The facility is attached to Golden and District Hospital and houses 26 residential beds, 2 short term stay beds, 2 dining centres, resident lounge, bathing facilities, and an activity room.
We have a washer and dryer on site for personal laundry as well as outdoor courtyards complete with flower gardens for our residents to enjoy. The activity department provides planned activities and outings for residents and we also have adult day programs offered 3 days per week.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each person, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week.
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume (or CV) please provide a copy of your health care aide certificate.*
Location / region:
This Temporary/Contract/Project listing from Interior Health is available in Golden.
About Interior Health:
Interior Health is a regional health authority in British Columbia. It is one of the five publicly-funded regional health authorities, serving the southern Interior region of British Columbia
Read more on Interior Health job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Interior Health? It’s time to take action!