Long-term Care Attendant
What Interior Health is Hiring for:
Mountain View Lodge in Lillooet, BC is seeking casual Long-term Care Attendants to join their team! The ideal candidate has completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and a passion for providing patient-centered care.
Mountain View Lodge, is located and nestled in the valley of the Fraser River. Lillooet offers temperate weather and a small-town feel. Mountain View Lodge is attached to Lillooet District Hospital and is located on the main level. A pet-friendly and warm environment will greet the new clients to their home away from home. Mountain View Lodge embodies a patient-centred philosophy designed to support clients’ choices, help them to function at the highest level and provide the best quality of life possible.
Uniquely designed with 22 beds; all of our rooms are shared rooms for two except for one room designated for respite. Among the amenities at the Lodge, clients will find a spa room and a cozy dining room that is used daily for meals and is transformed for larger functions such as the Christmas family dinner. Meals are cooked on site and all three meals are dished up in the dining room. A TV lounge provides an alternate choice to clients’ own rooms. Doors from the dining room open up to a secure patio/outdoor space that the clients can enjoy for most of the year. Recreation therapy is offered on site with a broad range of activities. Rehab assistant services are also available. We encourage family and volunteer participation in all aspects of life at Mountain View Lodge. we want this to be the clients’ new home, we encourage them to individualize their room space with personal effects from home to be enjoyed by themselves and their families.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each person, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
Typical duties include:
• Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Location / region:
This Part-time listing from Interior Health is available in Calgary.
About Interior Health:
Read more on Interior Health job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Interior Health? It’s time to take action!