Maintenance Coordinator (Highways Supervisor)
What Parks Canada Agency is Hiring for:
Parks Canada - Highway Operations Unit
Jasper National Park, AB
$26.06 to $28.32 per hour (plus supervisory differential (15%) (currently under review))
For further information on the organization, please visit Parks Canada
Closing date: 17 July 2019 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply: Parks Canada Agency considers applications from all individuals who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Plans, organizes and supervises semi-skilled staff engaged in general highway maintenance and repair relating to roadways, labour and installation projects, and operates equipment and machinery on an as required basis, for the Parks Canada Agency's Highway Operations Unit.Intent of the process
This immediate need is to fill a year-round, indeterminate position located in Jasper, AB; however, a qualified list may also be established to fill future needs -- indeterminate, term, seasonal, acting -- throughout the Highway Operations Unit.
Positions to be filled: 1Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Secondary school diploma; or, an acceptable combination of training and experience.
For those candidates educated outside of Canada, please refer to the link below, regarding Degree Equivalency.
- Experience in the supervision of programs related to the summer and winter operation and maintenance of a major highway.
- Experience working in the operation of heavy equipment and labour disciplines.
- Experience in the supervision of employees.
- Experience in the inspection of highway assets, highway construction and associated equipment.
- Experience in Risk and Incident Management in a transportation operation.
- Knowledge of Highway maintenance methods, standards, guidelines and equipment.
- Knowledge of Human resource management including performance monitoring.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and judgement in emergency and pressure situations
- Ability to plan, organize and implement maintenance programs
- Ability to supervise effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to use computers (email, internet, forms, etc)
- Exercises sound judgement
- Takes responsibility
- Strives for excellence
- Demonstrates integrity
- Effective interpersonal relationships
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION - OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATION:
- Class 1 driver's licence
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to travel safely and work efficiently in avalanche conditions
- Willingness to wear identifier clothing and required safety equipment;
- Willingness to travel over roads closed to the general public and to work under avalanche hazard conditions;
- Willingness to travel and/or work in a variety of weather conditions and terrain for extended periods of time;
- Requirement to work shift work - during day and night, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays, provincial/territorial holidays and call back or standby duty.
Reliability Status security clearance
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Maintenance of a valid driver’s license.
For more details on the position and to apply, please visit www.jobs.gc.ca
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Parks Canada Agency is available in Calgary.
About Parks Canada Agency:
Read more on Parks Canada Agency job listings