Part Time Maintenance Employee
What New Brighton Residents Association is Hiring for:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The New Brighton Residents Association (NBRA) is seeking an individual to perform facility maintenance & landscaping during weekends and evenings. This position is responsible for the day-to-day landscaping and maintenance of the grounds, amenities and other areas of the facility.
AUTHORITY: All Part Time Maintenance Employees will report directly to the Facilities & Amenities Leader of the NBRA.
HOURS OF WORK: Monthly schedules will be provided by the 15th of the month prior. Regular shifts include: Saturday and/or Sunday, as well as the possibility of additional occasional weekday shift.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Part Time Maintenance Employee is responsible for performing the following specific tasks:
· Assist with all responsibilities in maintaining the NBRA facility, grounds and specific equipment
· During Winter months, assist in snow removal and sanding of icy steps and/or walkways around the NBRA premises and other areas as determined by the NBRA
· During Summer months, assist in mowing/trimming of turf, garbage pickup, hedge trimming, tree and shrub pruning, weed control, watering, laying sod, seeding, tree and shrub planting and general landscaping on all NBRA sites
· General building maintenance and cleaning
· Complete various repairs and maintenance as required
· Equipment preventative maintenance
· Ice maintenance in outdoor rinks, including the operation of a Zamboni
· Operates vehicles and equipment necessary to perform grounds maintenance and landscaping duties
· Ensures safe working procedures and conditions exist at all times
· Conforms to all NBRA regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures
· Adheres to the NBRA Safety Program at all times
· Monitor and enforce the housekeeping and safety standards
· Conducts self in an appropriate manner while carrying out duties while representing the company
· Communicate effectively and courteously with staff, residents, and the general public
· Assist with completing special projects, as designated by the Supervisors
· Other related duties as assigned
· Valid class 5 Drivers License with a clean driver’s abstract
· Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
· Demonstrates ability to operate vehicles, light mowing equipment, power trimmers, snow removal equipment, etc.
· Good physical condition which will involve lifting, prolonged bending, crouching, kneeling and on occasion climbing – ability to lift 60lbs
· Self-motivated, punctual and reliable
· Ability to prioritize tasks
· Ability to work unsupervised
· Bondable, with the ability to work individually or in a team environment
· CPR & First-Aid training considered an asset
Location / region:
This Part-time listing from New Brighton Residents Association is available in Calgary SE.
About New Brighton Residents Association:
The New Brighton Residents Association (NBRA) is a not‐for‐profit organization established to professionally manage and operate several of New Brighton’s community features. Operated by the NBRA, the New Brighton Clubhouse is a year-round recreational facility, consisting of a 6500 square foot building. Also on site are; 2 tennis courts, a beach volleyball court, basketball courts, a splash park, playground, and a hockey rink. The Bell Tower amenity, pond fountains, and community entrances are among a few of the other community features maintained by the NBRA.
Read more on New Brighton Residents Association job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from New Brighton Residents Association? It’s time to take action!