Power Mobile Equipment (PME) Work Methods Specialist
What Forbes Bros Ltd. is Hiring for:
Power Mobile Equipment (PME) Work Methods Specialist
Forbes Bros is currently recruiting a full time, energetic, self-motivated Power Mobile Equipment Work Methods Specialist for our North American operations.
Reporting to the Director, of Work Methods. This position will be responsible for ensuring that operations have training on the equipment assets required to perform scopes of work. To achieve this, the PME Work Methods Specialist will ensure equipment operators are competent, trained and the correct systems and controls are in place and functioning at an acceptable level. This position will work with Fleet and the Director of Work Methods to develop systems and training to ensure our employees have the skills needed to perform duties for the equipment they are operating.
This role can be based in Canada or the US, with flexible work arrangements, for candidates that are able to meet the travel requirements of visiting all our regional work areas across North America. If you're looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join the Forbes Bros team today!
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Fully support both Director, Health & Safety and Director, Work Methods in all initiatives, accident/incident investigations that occurred due to PME
- Fully support the Line of Business Directors, Regional Managers to ensure operators have proper PME training on assets they are operating.
- Work with Director, Work Methods to manage and update the power mobile equipment risk registry and assist in the development of safe work practices.
- Work with subject matter experts to help develop compliance training resources on PME.
- Oversee the documentation and implementation of processes/procedures related to the compliance of tools, equipment, and vehicle resources.
- Support the Divisional Leads with the documentation of standardized compliance and Training and maintenance processes and practices.
- Ensure processes between project managers, operations, and fleet are compatible and adhered to; transition points are seamless, and communication is transparent.
- Actively involved in the development of the Fleet compliance team to ensure their knowledge of regulations and policies are up to date and to help ensure their ability to manage and enforce training needed to Forbes expectations.
- Act as an advocate, within the industries, for issues relevant to Forbes Bros Ltd. and its services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in light vehicle/ off on road assets or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in vehicle compliance
- Extensive knowledge of licensing best practice
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging fleet management technologies and best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of NCS/DOT regulations
- 5 years of experience as a Lineman or operator in the powerline trade
- Operated key assets used in the industry. Stringing equipment, diggers, drills, bucket trucks, backhoes, loaders, boom trucks, skid steers, excavators, and telehandlers.
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical experience and mechanical aptitude
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues simultaneously.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Develops trusted advisor relationships at senior levels within the client organization.
- A creative/innovative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Superior organizational skills and time management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Change management skills
- Ability to influence and drive change
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees and clients.
This position requires candidates to:
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing to obtain clearance for site access.
- Have and maintain a valid class 1 CDN driver's license or US CDL and acceptable driver's abstract.
- Requires regular travel to various project sites and office locations (80% travel/field)
- Must have current credentials to travel throughout Canada and the United States.
- Complete background screening and criminal record check.
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Location / region:
This listing from Forbes Bros Ltd. is available in Alberta.
Forbes Bros Ltd. has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 5 years experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Forbes Bros Ltd.:
Forbes Bros Ltd.
Read more on Forbes Bros Ltd. job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Forbes Bros Ltd.? It’s time to take action!