What Microserve is Hiring for:
Accountable for servicing and repairing various products such as printers, multi-function devices, copier, plotters etc. and perform additional duties, as required. The role responsibilities typically involve the routine maintenance and repairs of the above-mentioned devices within a specified geography in the lower mainland. Depending on geography or company needs, there may be a requirement to perform basic work on PC/ desktop/ laptop repairs as well.
- Uses basic information about the customer to anticipate needs and to represent our client in a professional manner.
- Puts the customer first and works with other employees as required to ensure the delivery of service.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with the customer both written and orally as required.
- Provides customer training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures.
- Adheres to documented escalation procedures to resolve customer issues.
- Performs full range of maintenance on copiers, printers and MFD`s including technical diagnostics, software loads, print driver installs, network installations, removal, retrofit and customer call assistance.
- Corrects service problems within the assigned products with some assistance, as required.
- Basic Windows and Network Connectivity knowledge
- Can complete basic installs: must be able to connect individual devices to the customers network and install drivers onto PCs/ print servers.
- Responsible for assigned company assets (i.e. parts, tools, communication and computing devices, vehicles).
- Maintains and manages onsite inventory with a high degree of effectiveness.
- College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired
- COMPTIA - A+ / PDI certification preferred
- Manufacturers certifications for printers
- Has knowledge of manufacturers service advisory and parts lookup processes considered an asset
- 1-3 years of experience as a technician in an on-site break-fix role.
- Has understanding of electromechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours if necessary (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
- Proven previous customer facing technical competence.
- Ability to work unsupervised and travel to support surrounding geographies, as required.
- Demonstrated Windows and Network Connectivity competency
- MS Office experience
- Demonstrated competency in use of laptop applications
- Proven ability to work cooperatively within a team environment.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have High School Diploma / GED
- Must have a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Microserve is available in Calgary.
Technology is empowering. It helps us accomplish more with fewer resources. We can use it to maintain high-quality work, even at breakneck speeds, or to achieve things we haven’t imagined yet. And it connects us, allowing us to stay in contact anytime, anywhere.
At Microserve, we use technology to empower our clients to succeed. That means delivering the kind of IT support and consultation that helps turn your goals into reality.
Microserve is headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. Founded in 1987, we support the IT needs of businesses and organizations across industries throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Atlantic Canada, with clients ranging from mid-sized operations to enterprise-level organizations. We partner with each of our clients, regardless of size, to provide custom, responsive IT support and solutions that propel our clients toward their goals.
We genuinely believe we’re the best choice for IT support in Canada.
Read more on Microserve job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Microserve? It’s time to take action!